is this going to be a permabull market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noob_trad3r, Jan 5, 2011.

1. You know what the cul-de-sac literally means? Ass of the bag... I laughed when I learnt this...

Also this whole thread just makes me want to short the market... your top will be in when Time Magazine comes out with a headline along the lines of "how high can it go?"

#21     Jan 5, 2011
  2. that's not the headline you want. there should not be a question mark in the headline unless it is something like this: "will the market produce 40% or 60% of risk-free return next year?"

#22     Jan 5, 2011
  3. S2007S

S2007S

The days that market is flat lining are days when the market should be down. This market doesnt even feel like a true market any more, it used to be at least somewhat exciting to see up and down days and weeks for that matter, today all we get are gaps up and sideways trading throughout the day. Its being completely manipulated and for those who don't think so are just complete fools.

#23     Jan 5, 2011
  4. kashirin

kashirin

guys, why to worry
    the end is near
    Bernanke can print trillions but he can't change fundamentals

food is at all time high
    recources at or near all time highs

another 20% rise in food (and it can happen just in 2-3 months)
    and Bernanke will be hanged on the nearest tree with all his BS about core inflation

#24     Jan 5, 2011
  5. It's a no win argument with the vast majority on this site. This place is filled with pollyana's; I largely suspect that most of them are baby boomer assholes who feel entitled to perpetual asset inflation at the cost of destroying the country and all future generations.

You also can't point out the flaws in this mentality because these dolts will claim that you are simply a disgruntled perma-bear who is short the market. Really, it's like having a debate with Peter Griffin or Homer Simpson. Fuckwits, I tell ya.

#25     Jan 5, 2011
  6. Larson

Larson Guest

That is not true of all boomers, at least those with some experience and understanding of economics. There are too many imbalances in the US economy, as you and others have pointed out. The market continues to defy gravity and is unsettling. I don't understand it. If you trade actively, astute technical analysis is the only way you will survive this market.

#26     Jan 5, 2011
  7. BA- Yup. stealth taxation underway... but unlike a tax which only applies to future earnings inflation taxes what you already have as well.

Bingo. They can dance in the streets all they want (Pundits that is). The reality of the fact, most are not making money in the US STOCK MARKET (except for the super traders on ET of course) as they are not realizing gains. It's all on paper. It is not like Hard Assets or Cash. Even some hard assets are starting to become less liquid. Like LAND, as construction has come to a near stop for the last few years.

Never the less, the cheerleading will go on, the suckers will get in (not talking traders who are in cash at the end of the night) and they will destroy what little "wealth" they have again.

One also has to watch OIL as this move to 100 isn't sustainable and we could see a sharp pull back to 60. That is the target on my radar.

But for now, Manufacturing is up (of course keep your eye on the Baltic Dry Index for a true idea of what is going on), 267,000 new jobs, Auto's are looking better. It's all sunshine in the middle of another major storm brewing. March or April is when I target the Sunshine to go away.

#27     Jan 5, 2011
  8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Total utter nonesense. Your clients should find a smarter advisor I guarantee you are underperforming the stock market since early 2009. I feel badly for your clients, your approach is outdated and unsuitable in today's world. Adapt or retire. I'm quite serious.

#28     Jan 5, 2011
  9. EPrado

EPrado

Are you sure it's the market they are laughing at or the fact that you run your "Huge PE Biz" out of your apartment ?

You are a pair of clown shoes.

#29     Jan 6, 2011
  10. EPrado

EPrado

His "Business" is cold calling people from his apartment. This clown doesn't even work for a real company. He has an 'LLC".

Between walking the dog and doing laundry he cold calls people trying to sell them gold bars.

#30     Jan 6, 2011