Is this George Bush's Democracy in Afghanistan, Death sentence to christian convert??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Mar 24, 2006.

Is Democracy good or bad for the middleeast?

1. good

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. bad

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. i dont think we have a right to complain. the muslims want to kill a man because he does not believe in their god. all across america next sunday preachers will proclaim that the christian god will torture you in a burning pit for eternity if you dont believe in their christian god. which form of eternity would be more cruel?

#11     Mar 24, 2006
  2. reg

reg

I guess you're in a very good position to answer that question, being a Middle Easterner living in and enjoying the fruits of Western democracy in Canada and savoring the economic benefits of living in such an environment.

#12     Mar 24, 2006
  3. Muslims will kill him.

Christians claim God will sort him out.

Muslims are unquestionably real. The existence of God is debatable.

It is incredible that you are willing to see equivalence, or are willing to postpone judgement, on the basis of such a flimsy, logically-flawed argument.

#13     Mar 24, 2006
  4. to the christian their god is real. they will insist that if you do not believe in him you will be tortured for eternity. they have no problem joyfully proclaiming that their god killed in the past and will kill in the future. i cant see where a christian has a right to complain about this.

"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God."
    --George Bush Sr.

"Reconstructionists believe conservative Christians should take "dominion" over American society. Under their version of "biblical law," the death penalty would be required for over a dozen categories of offenders, including adulterers, homosexuals, witches, incorrigible children and those who spread "false" religions. They regard the teaching of evolution as part of a "war against Genesis."
    http://www.dangerouscitizen.com/Articles/1090.aspx

#14     Mar 24, 2006
  5. Pabst

Pabst

Vhehn, are you unwilling or unable to decipher the immense differences between a cleric preaching about the "eternal" pitfalls of non-faith versus a man being executed by his government for the crime of religious conversion? If you can't see the LACK of parallel between those two acts then you have some issues.

#15     Mar 24, 2006
  6. he hasnt been executed yet. up until then they are the same. they are both hate speach. but here are some examples of christian preaching:

"Make short work with heretics, they can be condemned unheard. And while they are burning at the stake, the faithful should destroy the evil root and branch and bathe his hands in the blood of the bishops and the pope who is the devil in disguise."
    --Rev. Martin Luther, founder of the Protestant Church

"My purpose is total integration of biblical law into our lives."
    --Howard Ahmanson, Christian Reconstructionist
    (an extreme faction of the Religious Right that seeks to replace American democracy with a harsh fundamentalist theocracy)

"Reconstructionists believe conservative Christians should take "dominion" over American society. Under their version of "biblical law," the death penalty would be required for over a dozen categories of offenders, including adulterers, homosexuals, witches, incorrigible children and those who spread "false" religions. They regard the teaching of evolution as part of a "war against Genesis."
    http://www.dangerouscitizen.com/Articles/1090.aspx

#16     Mar 24, 2006
  7. well isnt that true in every country. Do you think billionaires here will ever go to jail for public drunkeness? Do you think paris hilton would go to jail for a hit and run? No. thats true in every country. The elites get privlige rights, while the rest have to deal with the other rules.

#17     Mar 24, 2006
  8. But vhehn, we dont live under christian or religious laws. They do. For the smallest infracture, its a death sentence. Like walking out of the house without a covering, for woman, death sentence. Speaking against god. Death sentence. These are the same people who were burning cars and destroying embassies, telling us to respect them. And they are now killing a man for belieaving in christianity. So you tell me which religion is wrong or right.
    http://www.opinioneditorials.com/guestcontributors/bstock_20060322.html

#18     Mar 24, 2006
  9. preaching hate eventually led to action by the hardliners in the muslim countries. will preaching hate in america every sunday by preachers lead to actions here someday. i dont know but if this mans son got his deepest wish it might.
    "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God."
    --George Bush Sr.

#19     Mar 24, 2006
  10. I think you understand very well what I mean. It was pure folly to put in a government that promptly established sharia law. I still don't understand why we waste American soldiers' lives to install muslim governments.

I realize this happened during Bush's "religion of peace" phase, but he has to take the blame. What a payback to the Christian voters who were his strongest supporters, establishing a muslim government that uses the force of government to persecute Christians.

#20     Mar 24, 2006