is this for real ?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by marketsurfer, Sep 29, 2004.

1. balda

balda

2. maxpi

maxpi

Maybe you can get on the inside by paying for the seminar, who really knows? I recall when the "Nothing Down" course in real estate investing came out way back in the day. Everybody said "it is a scam, why would they tell you.....etc., etc. ad nauseum. I knew a guy that had a part time job and a guard service and was not making much, took the course and had $750,000 in real estate in his control in a few weeks. He just did the course and did exactly what it said and assumed some low interest assumable loans and wrote IOU's for down payments and what not and those properties are woth 10 times that nowadays and he had renters making the payments. The SEC's opinions without proof are worth about what you pay for them AFAIK. Everybody's opinions are worth about what you pay for them!! Do your own due diligence, take the course and do what it says, only way to know. Most poeple would fail, given the holy grail, because they can't stick to a plan so you can't really take the word of somebody that took the course and failed!! Maybe the guys with the course will give you some kind of guarantee, everything is negotiable. I would want to get back at least 80% of my costs if the whole thing simply did not work for me.

Good fortune with trading.

Max

#12     Oct 22, 2004
  3. i have had an m2 virtual account since early october with the following results:

10/08 sell 1 GCZ @ 4250, 10/12 buy @ 4160 +$900
    10/15 sell 1 GCZ @ 4215, 10/15 buy @ 4200 +$150
    10/18 sell 1 GCZ @ 4206, 10/18 buy @ 4180 +$260
    open trade: sell 1 GCZ @ 4208, now about 4256 -$480
    open trade: sell 1 FXZ @ 12497, now about 12611 -$1425
    open trade: buy 1 YMZ @ 9895, now about 9765 -$1300

closed profit: +$1310
    open profit: -$3205
    total profit: -$1895 less commissions

#13     Oct 22, 2004
  4. range

range

5. So I guess a pertinent question may be:

Where are the unrealized ones?

#15     Oct 22, 2004
  6. Obiwan

Obiwan

This reply is in response to:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=38972

Tim Cho was among the most sought after Trading System creators in the late 1990's and early 2000. The positive was that Tim did not just sell you a canned system but actually taught you how to trade.

I found Tim approachable and smart. The remarkable thing about his system that I thought put him far and away above any other system was that he posted his trades AS THEY OCCURRED IN REAL TIME. What this means is that his system results WERE NOT JUST BACK-TESTING RESULTS but were WALK-FORWARD REAL results. Therefore, people trading his system at that time would really make the money that his results showed - or close to it - minus slippage, commissions and fees, which were low because his system was not a high-transaction system.

The FTC filed a complaint against Tim Cho investments, but frankly, disregard that since Tim's system really was different than other trading systems that just showed back-tested results. The FTC's claims did not match what Tim's system was actually doing.

I attended his week-long training and spoke with him at length and got to understand these things in detail. I was a professional trader at the time.

Later in the early 2000's, Tim's system stopped working.

He kept preaching to follow the system but it was too painful. He crashed and burned.

To recover, he resorted to what everyone else was doing - he created many, many systems and posted their back-tested results on his web site. The top performing ones he put in lights on his web site. The problem with the "back-tested best" approach is that you do not know which of the many systems would perform in the future. Sure enough, as soon as you started trading his better-performing systems, it would go into a drawdown and something else would wake up. I finally threw in the towel on Tim.

As for his latest "M2" system, let the buyer beware due to my own experience (above). I still regard Tim with respect and think that he is among the more honest of system-sellers and think he is trying his best but ultimately, he just wants money and people to buy his systems. Whether they work or not is your problem.

WW

#16     Aug 2, 2005