IS THIS feasible?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by systematictrader, Jan 14, 2017.

1. DurElite

DurElite

I hope so! That's my aim too. I always thought that retail Forex could bring those kind of benefits soon

#41     Jan 15, 2017
    systematictrader likes this.

2. 1.WEX card and fuel fleet cards YES they keep track of gallons, grade of gasoline, can even set limits by gallons

2. savings per gallon is not what u expect here, to save on gas is not our goal or service, our service is simply that we fix the cost for you, how much u save depends on prices of gasoline, if like a year ago when prices were 2.25 (CA) and 1.3 (TX) many consumers were WISHINHG prices can would stay the same, that's what we provide

in terms of costs yes Costco is not the comparison, but what were referring to is the concept more so of how Costco changed the habits of groceries shoppers,

yes there isn't many people around with excessive cash, but there are also many mid to large size private companies that run tow trucks, deliveries, or construction trucks and ubers and lyfts and many more that gas is a raw ingredient in their business that being able to purchase their gas for a quarter or a year with certainty prices are fixed then they get the budgeting issue out of the way, something they were never able to do so in the past

no there are no fees on our end,, no 3%

#42     Jan 15, 2017

3. A patent, idk, its not an invention,, a trade mark on the term were trying to integrate in peoples life (GALLON CARD) yus,, already filed and owned by MREHINCO INVESTMETNS & TRADING

whats ur thoughts?

#43     Jan 15, 2017

4. VIA hedge is how we deliver in the future, standard hedge,,, there are no transaction fees,,, as far as over head it would ideally be covered by the 1 of the way we mentioned in previous posts on how the corp would profit

#44     Jan 15, 2017
  5. Overnight

Overnight

My main question for you is...

How do you intend to make money? A whole bunch of people sign up for your card in, let's say May of this year, when RBOB or whatever is $2 per gallon. Let's say it's 10,000 people who buy 1,000 gallons for their cards. That's 10,000,000 gallons you are supplying, so $20,000,000 you get back from those purchases.

But price of RBOB drops to $1 per gallon and stays there for 2 years, so nobody uses any of those 10,000,000 gallons you "purchased for them on their behalf" to be used later.

What are you doing with those 10,000,000 gallons of gas you cannot sell at a loss? For how long can you afford to store it? For how long will that $20,000,000 be able to be held onto before your business expenses dwindle it down to an amount so low that you decide to fold up your operation?

How are you going to actually make your money in this new business venture? What is your business plan?

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a great idea on paper. But if it was that good, why have we not seen this exact thing you are describing already? Gas rewards notwithstanding? (Which by the way I suspect is simple profit trade-offs between people spending more on groceries and the company offsetting that extra profit with a bit of lost profit-potential on the gasoline. But the groceries is their main profit-maker, so they probably make more from the extra grocery purchases than what they lose on the lost gas profit.)

#45     Jan 15, 2017

6. algofy, yes you are right this is NOT cutting edge,,,, and yes 10 years ago a company was offering this if not more than one company, many also took a stab at it and still are including me,,, however,, the terrain and the environment has drastically changed,,,, 10 years ago we were in 2007 Lehman brothers couldn't get funding,,, today an idea as simple as the company called FILLED who does nothing but deliver gas to ur car so that u don't have to stop at the gas station has raised 5 million in funding,,,, the startup world is in a bubble,,, and we coming from a side of providing a startup in this time is more favorable than 10 years ago,,,, VC is so desperate to find the next hot startup that they are throwing money at it sometimes knowing it WILL fail,,, cuz that's part of their diversification strategy as we do in trading, u buy 10 stocks, u know 6 will lose, 2 will be average and 2 super starts,,, the key is that ur profits are endless and your losses are smaller,,,,

yes the idea also is VEEEEEEEEEEERY difficult to materialize,,, that's whats derailed me and prolonged,,, but not impossible,,

#46     Jan 15, 2017

7. read the previous posts real quick on page 1 or 2,,, ill reply to this in a second

#47     Jan 15, 2017
  8. Overnight

Overnight

K, waiting for your reply, because I just thought of a no-win scenario for you.

#48     Jan 15, 2017
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Electric cars? ;)

#49     Jan 15, 2017
  10. first I want to thank you for reminding me to update the profile, u bring important points about my linkedin,, but not relevant to what were talking about,,, none the less thank u
    ,, people like u seriously amuse me on what they focus on,,, yes my linkedin profile is shitty and is not updated and disconnected in terms of content,, I know, I didn't know LINKEDIN profile is indicative of the persons character or performance,,, GOOD LUCK,,,, Idk about luck,,, I might not be as old as you (iam 28) but I didn't get to where iam at with good luck cuz I don't believe in luck as most successful people do,,,

I wont get too much in the pissing match with you,,,,, private yacht and private jet,,, yes,, it isn't impossible,,, many have done it,,, from startups or trading,,,, most started with nothing,,, it once again amazes me what ur focusing on...

I would normally wish you good luck back,,, but u seem like the type of person that EVEN if you have it you wont know what to do with it....

#50     Jan 15, 2017
    algofy likes this.