Is this E-Machine a deal?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dvshucks, Dec 25, 2005.

1. I need a new computer for trading. The one I use now is ok but I could stand to upgrade the 256 ram. I just saw a Circuit City ad for an E-Machine with 1 GB ram with a Pentium 4 Processor 519 for $499 after rebates (and I don't even have to sign up for AOL). Its got a 200 GB hard drive, DVD R/RW, even comes with a donatable printer and CRT monitor.

Are E-machines reliable enough to trade off of? I don't run many apps throughout the day. I searched them and it seems the only knock on them is that they run loud. Would I have an issue ripping the dual monitor card out of my old computer and plugging it in? Is this a good deal?

2. volente_00

volente_00

I had one a long time ago, never had a problem out of it other than the sound card driver had to be reloaded twice in 4 years and the bios battery went out after 5 years. My mom has the computer now and it still works great. If you are worried about breakdown, you might want to check out DELL and get the warranty where they will send a tech out to fix it right at your house.

3. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

5. thanks for the help

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am on my 3rd Emachine, never had any problem with them. Get it through Tigerdirect, the best bang for the buck and these new ones are not loud at all....

7. AC3

AC3

If I know the ad your looking at, I believe the 6100 it is a bit slower although the price as I remember was $100 after rebates. Check out Cnet.com and look at their "Best Buys" you'll find an emachine model that is good for gaming (good graphics capability). I'm on my 2nd emachine now and have used both for trading .... the support if you need is excellent and the machine itself is very reliable. My only complaint, if it is one and its minor is that the fan is loud. Other then that its a great product for the $$

8. I think shuttle's are kewl too...