Is this chick a good trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by short&naked, Aug 31, 2012.

1. You need to find more mature ones. Jules graduated in 96, so what would you reckon her age is now? Plus she has seen more than a bit of the world which helps.

#11     Aug 31, 2012
  2. THATS MY GRAD YEAR.. if i hadn't been all up in rehab my senor year haha.. i'm 34 so shes my age.. plus i live in a small city north of orlando.. no one trades here for a living.. people are in insurance/medical/fiancial planning for the retirees.. and then all the construction related careers.. anyone thats made money around here has been from commercial real estate.. everyone else is blue collar or white collar making 30 to 80 a year.. on average.

#12     Aug 31, 2012
  3. Exactly why is the Nasdaq more forgiving than say ES?

Wouldn't slippage be more of an issue with the Nasdaq since it is not a liquid as the ES?

#13     Dec 4, 2012
  4. Judging from those ribbon looking indicators on the bottom of her charts I'm going to stay on the skeptical side of things.

#14     Dec 5, 2012
  5. Handle123

Handle123

I use always stop limits for entering, occassionally I don't get in, but only way for me to have any control is in the entry. Of course one gets slippage in any market one trades at times, even the ES. But Nasdaq bounces around a great deal more, so say on a trade you trying to get out at breakeven, my target would be plus one tick and most of the time I get it, I try not to lose on the commission. I watch the Nasdaq all day along with the Dow, but only occassionally do I trade other than the ES, just can't do volume in the Nasdaq and Dow, but they are good market for me on divergence plays. Say the ES/Dow are in strong trend and Nasdaq is lagging, then ES/Dow give sell signal cause it is at extreme top bouncing on hourly trendlines, I will sell the ES and the Nasdaq. The ES might hit half my targets but the nasdaq will nail all my targets. It is the little nuances of trading that just adds to the bottom line.

#15     Dec 5, 2012
  6. Well at least you were honest with your moniker, :).

#16     Dec 5, 2012
  7. JB3

JB3

You can't really call yourself a trader if you can't even tell if someone is a trader by looking at what they are doing. She is obviously trading, and having a normal life.

She is hilarious, and somewhat crazy. Well, all cat ladies are crazy. LOL. =)

She seems like a lovely and honest lady. It is actually not that surprising that someone can make money off the markets. It happens every single day.

#17     Dec 5, 2012