Is this auto trading system good enough for sale?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by cwu8918, Oct 30, 2010.

1. garachen

garachen

No, you can't sell this system because all you've shown is a graph and a few numbers that totally lack context. And when you are asked additional questions that should have been thoroughly addressed in your original presentation you seem to not understand the point of the questions.

As of now, the value of your system is about $1. Work with someone to help you do a proper writeup if you actually want people to take it seriously.

I apologize for my tone, improper presentation is one of my pet peeves. It's like someone bakes me a nice chocolate cake and then steps on it before serving it to me.

#71     Nov 25, 2014
  2. The C2 terms and conditions allow C2 to trade any system for free and Matthew Klein does indeed do this.

#72     Dec 13, 2014
  3. francis1

francis1 ET Sponsor

Well, that is simply not true.

#73     Dec 13, 2014
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

op - can you provide all the stats so i can make a proper analysis and comment.

#74     Dec 16, 2014
  5. What types of orders are used for entries? Limit or stop or market?
    What percentage of these entry orders may not get fills in a live market? I recently developed a system that was twice as good as yours, but it used limit entry orders and, unfortunately 70% of them were at the low or high of a bar...meaning it's debatable whether or not these orders would have actually gotten filled (depends on your position in the order queue). Needless to say, that when I factored this into the equation (with some approximations as to the fill percentage), I had a losing system.

Of course, slippage is an issue with stop and market orders. Do your results include 1 or 2 ticks of slippage on stops and markets?

#75     Jan 3, 2015
  6. cwu8918

cwu8918

The system traded on market order, and no positions overnight when I traded with my real account. The executions time were less than 500 ms. The slippage was very small, once or twice a day, one tick only if it happened. Slippage is not always bad. It happened in two directions, some times in your favour, some times against you.

#76     Jan 6, 2015
  7. out there too Many systems . but we must be careful in this regard . when there is a slight mistake will be fatal in our trade .

#77     Jan 7, 2015
  8. bjw

bjw

it's difficult to imagine you are able to come up with a winning system over the last 4 years, but over this period of time haven't been able to come up with at least some minimum capital to trade it. it just sounds inconsistent.

#78     Jan 7, 2015
    Occam likes this.