Is this a smart trade? ES

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by xyannix, Mar 12, 2007.

1. The stategy here is to allow people buy in by asking questions (an orientation introduced by the OP).

On the other hand telling me what to do is not a good idea. Refrain in the future since you are on notice.

Because you love dealing with your pooper scooper in the world you live in just means you have a particular orientation.

Do the work for a change.

Code this up by using a drag and drop (that can handle look up tables) from somewhere and then tweak it to optimize it and post the coded results including all of the measurements that qualify any trading strategy. BO trading is already coded up and some really expert people have it articulated to a fineness beyond compare. Now you get a change to lay it on the line as see if you can get it straight on this level.

We are starting with a one class of elements data set that determines an exit and an entry. Price is not involved except to set direction. Color is determined by some unknown (at present) relationship of two fixed values (by definition) of price. This is the degree of roughness present in this strategy based upon NOW and pool extraction.

We have to monitor volume for color (direction) and size (low (a single value that is GO/NOGO tested), rate of change positively and negatively). All of these are binary constructs. In terms of aural, visual, and kinesthetic considerations, the person is using a sheet of paper and doing mental arithematic to deal with a particular GO/NOGO measure.

I am a proponent of support, comfort and confidence in trading instead of the fear, anxiety and anger setting of the conventional orthodoxy which you and yours are surrounded by.

#11     Mar 13, 2007
  2. If you want to add your own views of what you think newbies are dealing with go right ahead.

We award you your stalker points as well.

Do some work:

Would you please take the trouble to list and comment on the 8 references in this subject area that I use and contrast them to the left turn you took in presenting a reference you use and I do not use?

#12     Mar 13, 2007
  3. Now, Jack, did it really take that much longer to write the system up properly than to write that first bullshit post?

#13     Mar 13, 2007
  4. If you believe you buy high and sell low, and want to continue to do that, then you should integrate volume into your method. The only way to buy high and sell higher is on a momentum breakout, which comes on higher volume. This is the way, I believe, that Dan Zanger, Nicolas Darvas, IBD, and Mark Crisp, etc trade. I don't trade that way, I look for pullbacks, but I have read a bit about them all.

#14     Mar 13, 2007
  5. X - my suggestion is to get on the train sooner... In other words, since you are going long after an up-trend and getting stopped, you simply need to enter the position sooner.

I know, easier said than done.

I believe going with the trend is easier, but your entry and definition of trend is key here.

#15     Mar 13, 2007
  6. Jack typically posts a system like that on a day when it works. Everyone looks at their charts and says "Oh, yeah!". There are equally many occasions when trading a low volume breakout will turn out to be a sucker play.

#16     Mar 13, 2007
  7. We will know soon enough.
    Hope you found an easy drag and drop to get the testing optimized?

Did you find out what low was yet?

Do the work.

#17     Mar 13, 2007
  8. Teach your grandmother to suck eggs, Jack! At least I do my own coding. The fundamental premise of your approach is that the market is an eleemosynary society, that limit order traders are cheerfully lining up to give you their money. Whatever part works will cease to if too many people use it. Then ES will look ragged like NQ, and you'll have to think of something else to wow ET with. Don't worry, the things you don't know about the market leave you plenty of opportunities.

#18     Mar 13, 2007
  9. I'm still waiting patiently.

#19     Mar 13, 2007
  10. Thank you for my points in the stalker game. However I like to golf and putt, swinging back and forth. That was a nice try. Maybe you didn't even mean too award me strokes for putting so well.

Yes the left turn, I have taken it before and again and again and again, and I always end up here, in the same direction, can't steer me off course Jack.

Maps are so confusing when you make them like that for those reading your posts now. Helping them think you helped them find the way is easier then.

#20     Mar 13, 2007