Is this a scam or a mistake?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pekelo, Apr 11, 2017.

1. JackRab

JackRab

This is why:

#11     Apr 11, 2017
  2. That listing is no longer active o_O :p ...that basically means you're fucked;
    Why would you buy something that costs $800 for only 20...doesn't take a brain genius to realize something is off about this situation,

Is that your trading strategy as well...to look for technical anomalies like a flash crash...and go All In...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    #12     Apr 11, 2017
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

1. The art of the deal. or

2. Maybe I had a good day and didn't give shit? :)

3. Ebay's money back guarantee.

4. I have a large bank account in Nigeria.

#13     Apr 11, 2017
  4. JackRab

JackRab

You just answered your own "why?" question... ;)

#14     Apr 11, 2017
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I told you I was having a good day today...

#15     Apr 11, 2017
  6. Now some Nigerian can buy a month supply of rice and feed his family. Way to go.

#16     Apr 11, 2017
  7. Reminds me of the Lambo I bought on Ebay for $1200, but when it was delivered ther ewas a scratch on the hood. Cost me $50 to have it fixed.

#17     Apr 12, 2017
  8. MrScalper

MrScalper

Explains a lot about your trading decisions..LOL

#18     Apr 12, 2017
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

So after reporting the seller, Ebay suspended him and removed the listing (6 suckers bought), and my payment was actually stuck at Paypal so I was able to cancel it. One lesson learnt, and some kids in Nigeria will go hungry today...

Now I have to donate 1 ES tick worth of money to charity to feel good about myself... :)

#19     Apr 13, 2017
    JackRab likes this.
  10. MrScalper

MrScalper

Well, lesson learned, so now you know..if it seems to good to be true, it normally is.

Some months ago I advertised a piano for sale on a second hand dealing website.

I was contacted by what sounded like a very nice woman, who wanted it for her daughter.

The asking price was offered.

Right away I knew something was up.

Then, I was asked if I could arrange shipping to a destination bout 500 miles away.

I then replied and said I can ship a box of bananas no problem, but not a piano :)

#20     Apr 13, 2017