Is This A Real Quote By Jesus?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by vanzandt, Jan 1, 2021.

1. userque

userque

Good luck.

#71     Jan 17, 2021
    Good1 likes this.
  2. Good1

Good1

So this is a modern 'prophecy" propogated by a prolific proponent of legacy mainstream media Christianity.

The odds are about 100:1 just going by online betting houses. So there IS a chance. And if he is right, he is going to score big on social media and might gain enough momentum to found his own mega church. If he fails he doesn't have much to lose, relative to what he stands to gain.

I hope he is right.

However, truth be told, his power to tell the future is the same power to tell what is the next roulette ball to drop. Its the same future. There is not one future for Christians, and another for Ramthans. It is not superior, nor a good power versus a bad power.

If his visions come to pass, his theological framework is not superior to the Ramthans school/framework of faith.

The evidence for this statement is the fact that there are others, who are able to tell the next drop of the roulette wheel who do not subscribe to the Ramthans school of thought, as much as to a specific method of developing the power. Those methods might be similar but not necessarily the same.

Nevertheless, the outcome is the same. This power/ability is nascent to all peoples, not just Christians. I am a little concerned this man is not so forthcoming about that, nor clear on how others can. Get the same vision except to suggest they must first subscribe to the bulk of his theological framework that is patterned after legacy mainstream media Christianity.

There is no discussion of time, or wisdom/philosophy that endeavors to understand how future events can be "known".

If right, he stands to become famous. Fame has a way of interfering with deep understanding about where the power comes from. I can explain later.

Misunderstanding where the power comes from is the biggest potential problerm here. Misunderstanding can limit the power, and ultimately start decreasing the power as the mind becomes more and more confused where the power comes from.

#72     Jan 17, 2021
  3. userque

userque

Can any of those guys forecast lottery results? If so, what are they waiting on? Record jackpots haven't been hit in several days.

#73     Jan 17, 2021
  4. userque

userque

#74     Jan 17, 2021
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Whenever I read your posts, I feel like I am outside a room, trying to hear someone talk. I get every third or fourth word and try to put this into meaningful sentences and phrases that I can then glean meaning from, but I never can quite get it.

#75     Jan 27, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

I saw a commercial the other night, its been around for awhile because I know I have seen/heard it before.

Not sure exactly what he's selling, but Ron Reagan Jr. checked in as an atheist, said he's... "not afraid to burn in hell".

On prime-time msnbc tv.

I wonder how much that cost.
    And who paid for it.
    And why they feel compelled to to run commercials that generate zero revenue.

Nancy probably has her hands full every time that one runs.

#76     Feb 4, 2021
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Why did all these bible Jews have Anglo names?

#77     Feb 7, 2021
  8. Laura48

Laura48

I have the same question..

#78     Feb 9, 2021
  9. #79     Feb 9, 2021
    Laura48 likes this.
  10. stu

stu

Good question.

All four of the canonical gospels were originally anonymous. It was only in the second century CE, when the four gospels were published as a collection that superscriptions were added, attributing authorship to Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John respectively. This is also the time that traditions begin to appear about the authors, claiming that they were either original apostles of Jesus or close acquaintances of other well-known apostles. Despite these attributions, most scholars do not think any of these men were the original gospel writers. None of the gospels are written in a style that suggests the authors were present at the events being narrated. Nor is it likely that disciples of Jesus would be able to write in Greek, the language in which the gospels were written. So we are left with the reality that the gospels were written by anonymous Christians decades after the events they relate.

Dr. David M. Carr (Union Theological Seminary) & Dr Colleen M. Conway (Seton Hall University)

The four Gospels were published anonymously… they seem to have been written with no authors names attached. We don’t know how or when these names were attached to these Gospels. That, is lost to history.

Dr. Dale Martin (Yale University)

The four Gospels were written anonymously between A.D. 70 and 100, and assembled into a collection about A.D. 125. The authors did not provide them with titles, others added them later.

Dr. David E. Aune (University of Notre Dame)

Formally speaking, all four canonical Gospels are anonymous since their authors names are not mentioned anywhere within the context of the verses themselves… The superscript of each of the four Gospels is not an original part of the document.. it was likely later appended to the scroll for identification.

Dr. Ben Witherington (Asbury Theological Seminary)

[​IMG]

#80     Feb 10, 2021