Is This A Real Quote By Jesus?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by vanzandt, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Good1

Good1

Wow. Let me ask you a question: Is there any evidence of election fraud on a scale large enough to swing the national election back to Trump where it belongs?

#51     Jan 17, 2021
  2. userque

userque

Wow. You should ask that in the Politics Forum.

#52     Jan 17, 2021
  3. Good1

Good1

Politics serves as a kind of proxy for religion. Faith operates there the same way it operates here. Similar lessons can be drawn. Question to ask is why don't you want the election fraud evidence to be true?

#53     Jan 17, 2021
  4. userque

userque

#54     Jan 17, 2021
  5. userque

userque

You lack focus.
    You're all over the map.
    You can't stay on point.
    I reminded you that this isn't a political thread; yet, you reply with another political post.
    Are you a scatter brain?

[​IMG]

#55     Jan 17, 2021
  6. Good1

Good1

No, i'm very focused on the lessons i'm teaching. They puzzle together nicely. I'm talking about the effects of faith and how that bears upon the concept of evidence. Thanks for participating.

I was talking about the ability to look into the future, and was challenging studentofthemarkets's assertion that old Jewish prophecy is necessarily superior, or makes Christianity superior. There really only has been one basic prophecy in Christianity, that Christ would come again, which has not yet come true, according to common expectations. So he is relying on old Jewish prophecy, or what he calls prophecy (maybe it was poetry, or pop fiction), for the validity of Christianity, which has not yet delivered on it's prime expectation. When you start to examine his claims for the old closer, you will find square hole, into which he is trying to force round pegs.

I mention it here because this is where he decided to make his main claims (prophecy) for the veracity of Christianity, as put forth by legacy mainstream tradition.

#56     Jan 17, 2021
  7. userque

userque

And in doing so, you posted this:
    After which, I asked you for a link; so I could see what you're referring to; then decide if I wanted to respond.

What followed was not a link provided by you; but instead, a clown show.

#57     Jan 17, 2021
  8. Good1

Good1

You inserted yourself into a lesson about seeing the future, which itself is a little off topic for this thread, because studentofthemarket's came in and started selling the superiority of legacy mainstream media Christianity based upon the ability to see the future. So i put forth a modern example of seeing the future and challenged his notion about why he thinks old Jewish sayings are better.

Then you made yourself an example of how faith works (or in this case doesn't work) so i started teaching about that.

Similarily, studentofthemarkets won't find any evidence supporting the wisdom i teach because he is not seeking. So he won't find. There is something he wants to be true. Which goes to the same question: Why does he want legacy mainstream media Christianity to be true?

In your case, you don't want election fraud evidence to be true because you don't like Trump. Motives like these obscure the smooth operation of faith, which, when used to find "evidence" contrary to truth, will lead you astray.

#58     Jan 17, 2021
  9. userque

userque

As readers can clearly see, I simply asked you to provide a link to a video you mentioned.

That has nothing to do with how faith works.

You clearly have issues.

#59     Jan 17, 2021
  10. ph1l

ph1l

Is it luck or is it ...
    upload_2021-1-17_16-59-3.png

Now, the truth is out there.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Z._Knight#Ramtha
    Way out there.:D

#60     Jan 17, 2021
    Good1 and userque like this.