Is This A Real Quote By Jesus?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by vanzandt, Jan 1, 2021.

1. stu

stu

Imaginary God giving no mercy to pretend Jesus, does not show mercy for you. It's scapegoating pure and simple. It's just you and your blind unthinking religious belief using the depraved notion that you can avoid responsibility for your own 'sins' by making someone else suffer for them.

Sorry my conscience wouldn't allow it.
    I really couldn't demean myself to be content with a mindset that is comfortable with somebody else suffering for something I was supposed to have done wrong.
    Even when it is only a make-believe somebody and a made-up sin.

Maybe you'd do well to just research what ethics and morality really are.

scapegoat:
    Someone who is punished for the errors of others. As in pretend Jesus punished for your "sin". duh

#41     Jan 16, 2021
  2. Christianity is different from other religions and atheism in that we have so many prophecies that have been documented as being fulfilled at much later times then when they were originally given. There are also prophecies that have not yet been fulfilled, but most surely will take place at some time. Ezekiel 37 is one prophecy that is currently being fulfilled.

God cannot lie. What He has said He will do, He will do.

I happened to be watching this video tonight and felt like posting it here because it briefly touches on having a relationship with a living God who does still keep His promises and fulfill His prophecies.

Key takeaways:

1. God kept his promises, written by His prophets in the Old Testament thousands of years ago, to gather together Israelites and make them a nation again. Just one of many passages:

“‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. 22 I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms. 23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding,[b] and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God.” Ezekiel 37:21-23​

2. The numerous prophecies in the Old Testament that were fulfilled by Jesus.

"We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6​

3. How God changed one man’s life.

#42     Jan 16, 2021
  3. Good1

Good1

A student of Ramtha is able to prophesy the next drop of the roulette wheel, well above random chance. Is so good at it, can prophesy as many as the next three numbers well in advance. This is documented on YouTube as being fulfilled. Money is not a problem for him.

Does this make Ramtha better than Christianity? If not, why not?

#43     Jan 17, 2021
  4. userque

userque

Link?

#44     Jan 17, 2021
  5. Good1

Good1

Roulette Warriors

#45     Jan 17, 2021
  6. userque

userque

This is the first youtube video in a google search of 'roulette warriors.'

#46     Jan 17, 2021
  7. Good1

Good1

So Christianity is better?

Ill repeat a word of wisdom: people only ever believe what they want to be true. If something contradicts what they want to be true, they will not seek nor find any evidence supporting the contrary. This is called ignorance.

Christianity is fundamentally about not following the obvious example Jesus put forth.

What would you call the wisdom i speak about instead?

#47     Jan 17, 2021
  8. userque

userque

I asked you for a link, you never provided one. Instead you told me what to search.
    I did. I gave you the results of my search. It obviously has nothing to do with your claims.

Instead of rectifying the situation, and providing a link supporting your position; you immediately jump into debate.

Until I see wtf youtube video you are talking about; how can I comment?

Either provide a link, or don't.

#48     Jan 17, 2021
  9. Good1

Good1

Wow. I'm just going to let this stand, and let your current position prove what i've been saying about the nature of faith, and why evidence is not the controlling factor, or the main influence, or the prime motive in what people ultimately choose to believe. Let this be a lesson regarding why people settle for the legacy mainstream media version of Christianity, versus the wisdom im bringing forth, after many centuries buried underground.

#49     Jan 17, 2021
  10. userque

userque

I haven't given you my position.
    I've simply been trying to see this video you mentioned in your argument to another.
    You still haven't provided a link.

I'll let this stand.

Wow! back at you.

#50     Jan 17, 2021