Is This A Real Quote By Jesus?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by vanzandt, Jan 1, 2021.

1. stu

stu

Nah. Whether it's a talking unicorn, flying buffalo or whatever it is being called God, wrapping wisdom up in absurd untruths, fabrications, scare stories and nonsensical fairy tales, expresses con-trick the very second they're claimed to be real.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    #11     Jan 3, 2021
    #12     Jan 4, 2021
  3. Good1

Good1

This is probably a reference to "i came not to call the righteous but sinners" ...and means the same thing.

But because this is among the red letters of the neo-Jewish understanding of how to negotiate with God (the "new testament") , we only have about a 5% chance Jesus actually said it.

To know if he said anything, you would first need to know what his message was, without reference to anything in the combined "testament" collection. You could increase the 5% by interpreting some phrases to line up with the main message that you already know, as so many words give themselves to opposing interpretations.

In this case, it could mean that anyone not counting themselves as "sinners" cannot be helped.

Of course, "sinners" is itself open to interpretation.

This is similar to the call, "Come to me ye who are weary". Those who are not weary cannot be helped, and wont even hear the call. Its also similar to when Jesus healed a blind man only to be faulted by those who could "see". Claiming they could 'see', Jesus scolded them, telling them they were still blind, and worse, blind leading the blind.

So its about attitude. Only those who are weary enough to admit they cant "see"...who are humble enough to admit the may need some help...unsure enough of what they "know" to become a student...clueless enough to be ready for a paradigm shift... only these can be helped..and only these will even hear an offer to be helped.

So for example, anyone who claims to know Jesus message, but who does not really know it, these are the so-called "righteous". They cant be helped and could never be saved. Using this example again, a "sinner" is someone who can admit he is ignorant of Jesus message, and is ready to learn.

The Pharisees were already "righteous" because they thought they knew all that was needed to be known about "God" and were not weary of pretending to know, as if they could "see".

A "sinner" admits he does not know due to general ignorance, ignorance itself being "sin". The Pharisees claimed to not have any ignorance about "God". Only the "sinners" can be taught anything NEW about Good.

Today, there are the neo-Pharisees who claim not to have any ignorance about Jesus and his NEW teachings about a NEW Good. This includes almost all "Christians" and almost all Muslims. Almost everyone descending from one of the Abrahamic faith cultures cannot be taught anything new, having confused faith versus knowledge. These are the "righteous" who already "know" whatever they believe.

The agnostic is closer to salvation than most of the worlds believers, because s/he does not make claims on knowing anything. Even better if they seriously doubt they know anything. This admission is absolutely a necessary prerequisite to ones ability to be helped by anything Jesus actually said about Good. Ones salvation depends on this.

The reason for this is because you could not be having the experience of being a human being (the experience of hell) without first having conflated faith and knowledge...claiming to "know" what is immpossible to know. This is the essence of "sin". For this reason, the knowledge Jesus brings about Good WILL ALWAYS BE COMPLETELY BEYOND ANYONE'S CURRENT SCOPE OF IMAGINATION. That is to say, it will always challenge your current world view, and require a total paradigm shift from the status quo way of thinking.

In the above context, a future in hell simply means: If you always think the way you've always thought, you'll always get what you always got.

The "righteous" do not need to alter or change or "repent" of anything they have ever thought about Good. They are "right", and will be 'right" till the day they die.

Therefore, i do not expect many, if any, 'Christians" to agree with this interpretation. I dont expect them to be weary enough to be ready enough to learn anything that is actually NEW about Good (for they already "know" all the old things about "God").

Only the agnostic (one who admits he doesn't know) is ready to listen when the offer (call) comes.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    #13     Jan 7, 2021
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. %%
    Its a fairly accurate word/ actually both of them. WHY??
    Because ''all have sinned[missed the mark/ target'' Romans 3;23a
    Some people, because they have not for example, committed murder.... consider themselves [self ]righteous]
    This saying is trustworthy .... Jesus Christ came in the world to save sinners...
    1st Timothy 1;15[Since the talking snake media dont seem to care about the Bible except to catch one in a mistake/aka 1 Timothy1;15:D:D:D:D:D:caution::caution:]
    Good points/question
    .Amazing what is actually in the Bible; 2nd kings 5, the king ripped his clothes over the idea of gov health care+ the miracle healing there\ included no gov health care......

#14     Jan 7, 2021
    vanzandt likes this.
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

I have no idea what you just said Murray.... but whatever it was... someday the AI bots that scour every word ever written here or anywhere else, even though they do it now... someday those bots will appreciate the wisdom of the " %%".
    Whatever that means.

#15     Jan 7, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. stu

stu

%%
    Like Jesus. An unidentified item in the rationality area.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    #16     Jan 8, 2021
  7. '' %% '' is easy to understand. %% is better than %.[My local bank pays about 00.15% LOL]
    Actually,vanz, '' mercy'' is partly, a fairly easy concept to grasp, also.
    Justice is important; but mercy is much more important-I got stopped by an cop, for speeding + i was guilty as sin. So i go to court/prayed for mercy, even though i was guilty as sin+ deserved a fine/punishment..A fine /punishment would be just or justice., since i was guilty as sin.
    Thank God i got mercy on that speeding ticket/got off with no fine; justice meant i would have paid the fine + had that on my record. And too many speeding fines can result in a lost drivers liscense..................................................................................................:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

Another use of the word ''mercy'' is Psalms 136,New King James Version, use the word
    ''mercy ''
    26 times, in every verse, of Psalms 136. Jesus likes the book of Psalms/prayers.Good question

#17     Jan 10, 2021
  8. stu

stu

How reassuring it must be for you as a religious person to think all you need do is ask your imaginary friend for mercy with a speeding ticket, while there is no mercy for those less important things like children born with congenital birth defects for instance.

At least it's not as if religion could turn you, or all those that run to applaud you, into smug, self-centered, self-serving, sanctimonious dicks or anything.
    uh wait a second.:wtf:

#18     Jan 11, 2021
  9. Why would the healthy need a doctor? Only the gravely ill need a doctor to bring them back to good health...

#19     Jan 12, 2021
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

That's not true.
    If there is a god, those are His most special of all children.
    And if there's not a god, well, given to the right right parents, those special kids can light a fire of goodness in the souls of their parents that touches the lives of... and inspire's... everyone they meet.

Quit being so f'ing negative.... and tune in to whatever makes this world spin.
    Case closed.

#20     Jan 12, 2021