Is this a racist comment?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Jul 26, 2012.

1. The comment may have been construed as derogatory toward Africans by associating them with a dangerous pest.

They want the world to know that they are anything but dangerous, or pests.

#11     Jul 26, 2012
  2. tweeting is for twits anyway.

btw:It's never a good idea to let the world know both who you are and what you think. yes facebook idiots I'm referring to you.

#12     Jul 26, 2012
  3. Thanks, so she re-tweeted a comment made by a member of the nazi party Golden Dawn, and she should be kicked out of the Olympics for it? They aren't the major conservative party in Greece either, so that may be what AAA was referring to.

Even if she was a member of this party, she should be allowed to compete in the Olympics because that is her political preference and not a concern to anyone else.

#13     Jul 26, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

She's a public figure, on the world stage at the moment, and she's just learned a lesson.

But if you want to insist on the statement's harmlessness, we could go back to Obama's comment re infrastructure.

#14     Jul 26, 2012
  5. Somehow I doubt she was referring to Afrikaners when she made that statement.

That said, she should be allow to compete. When we start banning athletes because of political views we damage the integrity of the games.

#15     Jul 26, 2012
  6. I agree with this also. As long as Chick-Fil-A does not say they are going to stop serving openly gay couples, it does not really matter what the CEO thinks about the lifestyle.

#16     Jul 26, 2012
  7. Apples to hand grenades dude. She is an athlete competing in world wide games, he is the elected leader of nation, his policies, his agenda effect the lives of the citizens of the country he leads. her statements.. well dont effect anyone in any way other than emotionally.

I am willing to bet that some member of the iranian olympic team, or some other muslim country, has been in a crowd somewhere chanting "death to Israel", or "death to America". How do you think that would play out? No chance their country would ban them from the games. The olympics were also once held IN nazi germany lol.

Check this out: http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2012/07/26/sports-are-meant-for-peace-not-for-racism/ right the games are racist for wanting a moment of silence for the Jewish athletes killed by Palestinians.. says the President of the Palestinian Olympic Committee. read the actual article, i can't make this shit up. They see the terrorists as heroes, so it is racist for Israel to get a moment of silence. haha. Wow and this girl got kicked out for re tweeting a racist joke, what do u think of this Ricter, is it racist?

#17     Jul 26, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

I disagree. Her political views were tinged with implicitly racial overtones, as they seem to go together in her chosen political party. The context is undeniable. Arguably thematic rather than just out of the blue. The Olympic Games are supposed to be about nations coming together in the spirit of sportsmanship and friendly competition and she contributed by publicly communicating out of her ass.

#18     Jul 26, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

I don't know what to make of the jew thing, jew is not a race.

#19     Jul 26, 2012
  10. Perhaps, but I feel she should be allowed to compete. Perhaps sanctioned from the medals podium, but hey, if she wants to run let her do it:D

#20     Jul 26, 2012