is this a great country or what...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jackflash, May 4, 2010.

1. Nicely done, 250K in the past few days? Took me 2 months to earn that much... whats the YTD P/L?

Inquiring minds want to know...
    g

#41     May 6, 2010
  2. caementarius...hey thanks for the best wishes for my horse...it turned out not to be as bad as i thought it was...just a really nasty deep cut/skin right on her knee...she was foaled here and im really attached to her...gotta clean twice a day and give antibiotics twice a day for a week...but neway..thanks again.

yes it is crazy how everyone can do their own thing and do swear by it...i did market profile for a couple of years but it was too much work for too little reward...like elliot wave...i never knew my position was an unrecoverable loser until it was too late...there are hundreds of these things out there and while i respectfully think they are all crap...people still claim to make money with them i guess so God bless them. but me? i put them all in the same toilet years ago... when i first started trading (lost my first 5g in the gold market 1980) wilders rsi was the rave! overbought-oversold ... great to know but it can stay one way or another until your pockets are turned wrong side out...point being...u have to use them to get in and out of the market with money...i just trade a simple one minute chart now...nuthin fancy. sorry, didnt mean to go on and on here..ha

thanks for all the comments ... more in the am...

#42     May 6, 2010
  3. ssaya..where did i learn? all the above...books, tapes, im still learning...but mostly like neveralone...being on my wat to new york when the market was going to florida ha and vice'y verse'y. screen time...screen time...screen time. each market has its own nature...its own turns, contraction and expansion...i trade the sp because i hate sitting here...i want to maximize my profit per hour and after trading literally every commodity there is...the sp gives me just that.

adamm2 that looks good but i have a hard time lasting til 4:15...much less overnighting it! ha i dont position trade...at all...ever...good luck to you though.

don...im a jag man myself...but i prefer to drive my old farm truck the grandkids painted...

thanks leap...haha...im a facebook lurker ya know...ha

gambler...good for you! what do you trade? my p/l? not enough!
    i jumped 25's today...was doin 100's on monday...i had 100 on at times but just worked the 25's (chicken i guess hehe).

thats it...manyana

#43     May 6, 2010
  4. Oh, I am just curious with 2 massive days like the past 2, how much you are up this year...

I trade big board stocks, mostly microcap bios (under 50-100M$)

Unless those two days were just lucky trades, then I would expect you would be up easily over 1M$ this year...

...just humor me and let me know your YTD gains... I am sure alot of people are curious.

g

#44     May 6, 2010
  5. etherboy

etherboy

#45     May 6, 2010
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Great commentary!

Great trade!

Thanks for the post. Breath of fresh air!

#46     May 6, 2010
  7. good morning...overnite looks like a regular day huh? dont know how much i will trade today...if at all since i have some stuff goin on but hope everyone gets green, gets big green and stays green...

neveralone...i dont do any sort of mentorship...dont know if i could even write down what i see and do ha...but it gets me thinkin though... oh, and im sorry about your losses yesterday...funny how you can look back (after losing your ass all day) and say...man, why didnt i just short that? ...or why didnt i buy there? its clear as a bell isnt it. yet in the heat of battle all you can denounce the thought of shorting with is ... if i short it here, this will be the bottom... and then...another low comes...and another, and another etc... could u have been any worse off if you had shorted the first time you thought of it? been there done that..

rashid...u got the whole point of my initial post...in this business people need inspiration. in 82-83, i met a bond trader in chicago who made 100k a day and never lost a trade! dont remember his name, but i can still see him trading there in the bond pit...he has kept me going all these years and i have aspired to be just like him. one of the times i blew out, i quit trading for 3-4 years. i never saw him again but the memory was always there naggin at me...he never looked at a chart.. "charts are for sailors" he told me..ha but if you are going to use them pick a market and pick a time. so...let me add that the longer the time frame...the more patience and tolerance you need...i have neither ha so thats why i trade the 1min. what of the 5-10-30min? just pick one u feel comfortable with... then who cares about the rest...did the dow go down yesterday? russel? oil? car sales? who cares...i trade the s&p and what happens there and only there on a minute to minute basis is all that matters to me.

etherboy?? thats not an indicator...thats my trading platform...see the dom?

and gambler...there were three days ...and wed was not all that great ...so lets just call it lucky for now k ha

gotta run play vet... oh and thanks leap..all the best to u...

#47     May 7, 2010
  8. just thought i would show how i start my day...every day with a number of contracts ... today i have stuff to do so with one... but 1-5- or 10 and then work up on the day... (prob waited on 28-27 but just gotta get out of here)

#48     May 7, 2010
  9. Don't forget to apply your Windows Updates ;)

#49     May 7, 2010
  10. And take care of that past due balance already!

#50     May 7, 2010