is this a great country or what...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jackflash, May 4, 2010.

1. jtnet

jtnet

no losing trades ? amazing to see how u picked each little turn.
    do you watch dom or anything else? market profile?

#11     May 5, 2010
  2. All of those little "arrow thingys" were your trades??

#12     May 5, 2010
  3. Wow, Could have been a $15k internet glitch. Would you consider posting your chart for today? I'm very impressed.

#13     May 5, 2010
  4. yes caementarius...thats the way i saw it too.

im afraid i was not all that impressive today...i found one of my horses had a bad cut on her knee and was tied up with that past lunch...i traded ones and twos all afternoon...the little "arrow thingys" ha

i dont watch the dom...i mean i have to look at it of course to place my orders but i dont pay a bit of attention to order flow...and i pitched market profile years ago...subjectivity caused me a huge blow out...

#14     May 5, 2010
  5. Goog going on the $85k, and sorry about that $5800 p/l. That is truly a crap day :)
    (not)
    SR can be very expensive, are they giving you a discount ?
    What type of r/t are you paying on volume with that?

#15     May 6, 2010
  6. jackflash, have you always day-traded or you tried swing trading as well? I know you've traded commodities, I guess you did some position trading there. My question is basically why would you prefer day trading to trading longer time frames, if you can make such comparison?

#16     May 6, 2010
  7. I hope your horse heals up. Thanks for the chart. Better luck next time. :)

Interesting how what one persons swears by another doesn't need (DOM or market profile, etc) and yet both can be profitable scalpers.

Have you just developed an instinct for how things move?

#17     May 6, 2010
  8. good morning...(im waiting on my vet)

thanks munny...i guess it wasnt all that bad considering i was trading ones and twos huh... i pay right at 4.00 a r/t. my broker is a friend of mine, the platform is stable and i like it that he makes good money too...after all, hes not telling me what or when to trade and commissions are just a part of the game. shoot, when i started...way back...with gruntal...i was paying 125 a r/t...yikes! i can recall breaking even on the day and still owing several hundred/thousand in commissions and it nags a bit...but if even it was just 20cents ...commissions are commissions and depending on my performance they become costs (nags) or facilitation (who cares) right?

neutrino...yes i have traded it all and mostly tried it all. i can remember only having enough money in my account to trade wheat..ha way back again, before all the technology boom, it was an anxious moment to get up and see what happened to my s&p position overnight...i can remember many mornings spent looking for a rope to hang myself..ha..my (ex) wife would help me look.. i sure dont miss those days. and while there was a time i would pit my forecasting skills against the best of them, i find i trade much more efficient with no pre-conceived notion of where the market is going to go... i only watch 1min and dont mix time frames...i dont care what a 5-10-30 min says or what the dow or dax is doing...and since i dont have a clue what the market is going to do...i get antsy with 100 contracts on...no..i get nervous as sh*t... so i try and limit my exposure time...u never go broke takin profits...

oops..gotta run.. i wont be trading much today so more later...

#18     May 6, 2010
  9. gees...almost missed this one...thanks to whoever/whatever caused that..

#19     May 6, 2010
  10. ssaya401

ssaya401

holy shit, just retire.

#20     May 6, 2010