Is this a good value??

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Cabin111, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

I do miss Barron's mostly...I would sometimes enjoy MarketWatch. Yahoo Finance has taken them away. For me...They are asking $12. per month for regular Joes/Janes. The value isn't there at that price. About 43 years ago (as a college student) I could get the Wall Street Journal cheap...There was no internet. It was the best thing going, in it's day. So how much is a MarketWatch & Barron's subscription worth to you??

MarketWatch & Barron's
    Student All-Access Digital
    $5 per Month
    as long as you're a student

Cancel online anytime.
    • Unlimited access to MarketWatch across platforms and devices
    • Unlimited access to Barron's across platforms and devices
    • Member-exclusive content
    • Watchlists and Newsletters
    • Faster site speed due to fewer ads

2. No. if you were to subscribe to something, I'd take a strong look at FT if you trade US + Int'l or WSJ if you're just trading the US. Nothing you read will give you an edge, but it will keep you informed as to what is happening on the street, in the economy, and policy (monetary & fiscal).

jys78 and Nobert like this.
  3. Cabin111

Cabin111

I guess you get what you pay for...A bit pricey for me. It's hard to glean critical information now a days.

FT
    Premium Digital
    Complete digital access to all our content

[​IMG]
    $68 per month
    OR
    $612 per year
    PAY ANNUALLY & SAVE 20%

4. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

if you gave me 10$ a month I'd probably look into FT, WSJ, Barrons, Benzinga, MarketWatch and the likes. It's all slow curated bullshit. Nice weekend read but not useful for trading.

jys78 likes this.
  5. Pezza

Pezza

I think there's so much info for free online nowadays, I feel this is like losing money before you start. I prefer to study the charts and patterns to make my trades.

6. Handle123

Handle123

I try to read nothing, don't want to be influenced by too often lies.

7. How do you stay informed of economic trends, news that impact markets short mid and longterm then? Or you purely trade price action?