is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by csean19, Oct 7, 2005.

1. csean19

csean19

just got an offer from a prop firm in nyc.

$500 a week during training period of one year.

start receiving commissions after 16 weeks of 48% (4% given at the end of year and then another 4% after 2 years)

plus health and dental

i know people ask these questions all the time, but it would be nice to hear someone's opinion

2. If trading is your passion then by all means, take it.

3. You should know what you are getting into before you ask for advice. If you are trading at a prop firm you do not get paid commissions. You are not a broker, you are a trader.

You make a profit trading. You will pay commissions and get a % of profits. Before you ask for advice you should know the business you are getting into.

4. LL8054

LL8054

you get paid based on commission, not on salary which i'm sure is what he meant.

5. no you don't get paid on commission. do not respond if you do not know what you are talking about.

6. Ebo

Ebo

That's a new one!
    I better generate some more commission then.

7. LL8054

LL8054

ok you're right, you get paid a percentage of profits. commissions and percentage of profits are often incorrectly used synonymously. if you took a little more time to explain that rather than telling people not to respond if they don't know what they're talking about, your posts would be a little more valuable.