Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 16, 2003.

1. eltr

eltr

I didn't see they offer free shipping on their web site, did I miss something?

#11     Dec 17, 2003
  2. I got the girls name and extension at Dell....She promised me free shipping and discounts on the upgrades.

It seems they are hungry for sales.........

I saw the ad on TV not their website....the TV ad said 699.00, but I don't know anything about a 2.4 celeron....perhaps I do not need a p4...anybody?

Michael B.

#12     Dec 17, 2003
  3. eltr

eltr

wow, sounds very good. Can you PM me her extension if you don't mind. Thanks.

#13     Dec 17, 2003
  4. DK_

DK_

I was told by my wholesale guy to make sure my new laptop had a real-deal Pentium 4, not the celeron or Pentium 4M

He knows I'm a programmer and not a video guy FWIW

#14     Dec 17, 2003
  5. What is the difference between P4 and P4 M?

Michael B.

#15     Dec 17, 2003
  6. What is this?

Does the M stand for mobile? I thought Centrino was the Mobile version?

Michael B.

#16     Dec 17, 2003
  7. gnome

gnome

Correct-a-mundo on both. "M" was the version before Centrino.

#17     Dec 17, 2003
  8. gnome

gnome

I'm not an expert here (nor anywhere else, for that matter... well yes, bowling... but that's another story)... I've heard that some laptop makers were building with desktop P4s to keep the price down. Bad idea... too much heat and short battery life.

Centrino supposedly has approximately 2X the battery life of "M".

#18     Dec 17, 2003
  9. MarkB

MarkB

Yes, Pro needs to be activated as well. Now if you're lucky enough to know someone with a copy of the corporate version of Pro, that's another story!

Do you even need the floppy, btw?

#19     Dec 17, 2003
  10. I got some stuff on floppies...but I do not really need it. Guess I could transfer it to CD's through the network and router from the old computers that have floppy drives.

Michae B.

#20     Dec 17, 2003