Is This 2000 Redux? (In Miniature)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pabst, Aug 18, 2006.

1. He is a non-factor.

Has he ever been even slightly BEARISH for a day in his entire life?
    I think not.
    :D

#11     Aug 18, 2006
  2. Cause you need to read the many many footnotes and amendments in CPI & PPI calculations.

As a contrast, you can also start keeping a tab on prices in ur local deli. If you happen to like Ben & Jerry's, you'll notice that the pint has went up in price right along with milk & sugar futures.

#12     Aug 18, 2006
  3. Yes, a 2 year view of the SPX shows elongated bottoms in APR, OCT 2005 whereas the recent JUN, JUL V-bottoms along with sharp rallies have a bearish footprint.

My only concern is how to play this 'transitionary' environment.

I was crunching out a variety of double diags, calendar, and B-fly spreads which are range plays but I just had a bad feeling about the speed of this week's rally, coupled with the potential for a sudden slide.

I kept my backmonth VIX options (Sept, Nov, Feb) as I suspect the fall will come quick and with little notice. I'm planning to go long ES if there is a consolidation/pullback and any resumption towards the long direction. This will place me in an ES/VIX hedge.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a quick run-up to 1320-1330 and a major spill on a negative catalyst.

I'm not trying to be the great predictor, just heeding the flashing lights.

Your thoughts?

#13     Aug 18, 2006