Is there such thing as trading others "emotions"???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Zr1Trader, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Didn't Warren Buffet say be greedy when others are fearful and be feaful when others are greedy?

#21     Apr 23, 2011
  2. This question seems to undermine your initial premise that HFT has some impact on market action that didn't exist in the days before HFT. Price still sometimes moved from point a to point b in 2 minutes instead of 10 before HFT and it does so now that HFT is the majority of the market.

There is nothing new under the sun.

#22     Apr 23, 2011
  3. Exactly. In game theory, it's called your "dominant strategy", i.e. the strategy you will follow regardless of what the other players are doing.

#23     Apr 23, 2011
  4. What's really amazing is that while reports are that 90%+ of daytrading click traders , not to mention others, are getting their butts whooped by hft and co located thieves, 98% of the posts on et are from Masters of the Universe that are busting it.

I'm proud to be among so many elite, thats why its named that after all, traders.

#24     Apr 23, 2011
  5. Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Can somebody post a snap shot of that well known chart that shows the emotional roller coaster traders go through when hanging onto a position?

Thanks!

#25     Apr 23, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

#26     Apr 23, 2011
  7. well Mr. Stalker, that refers to realtime posts that can be verified.

not nebulous references to how great one did after the fact.

Hope you get well soon.

But something tells me you won't.

PS I no longer post anything of value to the twatters. funny thing is, they're too dumb to even know what they miss.

#27     Apr 23, 2011
  8. well, you can trade your opinions, you're opinions, and you're opinions...

Somewhere you're emotions will come in and fuck everything up..

They've already done studies that determined that the vast majority of systems traders never follow their systems... so you could easily infer that the profits from these systems come from the people that dont follow their systems, they just "choose" to do otherwise..

#28     Apr 23, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh I know that, but I don't either really.

#29     Apr 24, 2011
  10. confession is good for the soul.

now, tell us about the time you went to the prom wearing your sisters panties.
    [​IMG]

#30     Apr 25, 2011