Is there such thing as trading others "emotions"???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Zr1Trader, Apr 22, 2011.

1. I prefer fading the fade of the fade of the fade of the ...................

#11     Apr 22, 2011
  2. piezoe:

You forget you'r among real successful traders who make a lot of money here on ET...:confused:

Now back to reality, I agree, the dynamics of the market, the "Emotions" that make tape reading possible is GREED and FEAR, period.

you trade "OTHER" peoples emotions every time you pick a direction.

#12     Apr 22, 2011
  3. ...and fear is more powerful than greed, which is why the options skew exists.
    In price, that means down is faster than up.
    There's a lot you can figure out in how to design a trading system from that one sentence.

#13     Apr 22, 2011
  4. The volatility SMILE :)

#14     Apr 22, 2011
  5. so the smile is fear based?

really?

all those people trading trillions based on fear?

wow. thanks.

#15     Apr 22, 2011
  6. Fear is the new Greed. But to clarify.. people fear missing out 4 times more than they fear losing...

#16     Apr 22, 2011
  7. that may be true on your home planet, but here on earth, all studies show the opposite.

#17     Apr 23, 2011
  8. Handle123

Handle123

I think it is fear and fear, fear of losing, fear of missing out, fear of giving back profits, fear of pulling the trigger. There is no greed in this to me any more. We all have some type of fears or frustrations.

As a scalper, most of my trades are getting in with limits and I am waiting for price to get at some area I believe the market will stop, I think most of those on other side of the trade are those just getting in that have no rules but trade by the hip, many beginning traders who lack patience just jump in. They all have to learn one day, maybe.

#18     Apr 23, 2011
  9. piezoe

piezoe

OK, that makes sense to me.

#19     Apr 23, 2011
  10. Personally, I don't think about that. There are too many parties involved, too many strategies, too many computers, making it all quite hard and possibly irrelevant to care.

I do worry about my emotions though, them getting in the way of my plan and I make an effort to make sure that no matter what, I end up trading the plan and stopping my emotions from interfering.

Crazy A

#20     Apr 23, 2011