Is there something faster?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Insurinator, Feb 17, 2010.

1. I don't think it does... I'm using TWS right now and I'm getting completely different prices on TWS than on MB which streams live market prices real-time.

The prices I'm getting on TWS seem about a week old from the way it looks.

MB streams live for 30 days I think then its becomes 3 days delayed and recorded.

The only issue with MB is their ES demo accounts are glitched right now. Positions are cleared for no reason and after market trades are wacked. You can enter aftermarket trades but you cannot exit them.

I wonder if there are any other brokers that offer real time streaming quotes for a demo account. Everyone I come across has a problem of some kind and I'm not sure I feel like downloading 20 - 30 platforms to find a working one with real time data.

#11     Feb 19, 2010
  2. Yea I meant Zen-Fire with NJ which I was refered to use, sorry.

#12     Feb 19, 2010
  3. The TWS demo is different than the Simulated Trader. You are right, the demo is a week behind. I believe you would be required to open an account with IB in order to use the Simulated Trader.

#13     Feb 19, 2010
  4. Thanks I'll look into an account with IB for the simulated trader. I just hope they don't got some fine print that says you need $2,000 minimum to open an account. I suspect they do though otherwise there is no motive to give me an account.

I'm not tieing up any money to demo trade let alone a couple grand, that's for sure.

#14     Feb 19, 2010