Is there someone who can explain Al Brook's H1 and H2 for me

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by shots fired, Mar 20, 2013.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Right, Brooks offers a course in price action, with all sorts of information. I spent at least half an hour on every 2-3 pages, but I was clueless when I started reading his book. When I read it much later after having developed my own trading plan based on some of his, and some of other traders', concepts, I pretty much understood everything in the book.

Now, if you're looking for specific setups to trade price action, geared toward the intraday scalper, take a look at Volman.

If you want to trade the stock index futures, study the classic "textbook" analysis of price action involving support and resistance, both horizontal and trend/channel based.

#21     Mar 22, 2013
  2. Daring

Daring

Try years.

#22     Mar 22, 2013
  3. slugar

slugar

I agree with nodoji about volman his book offers many great with trend set ups and honestly unless you are a seasoned pro we shouldn't be trading anything but with trend!

#23     Mar 22, 2013
  4. NoBias

NoBias

+1

I LOL'd when I read a "over a month"

It took me longer than a month to figure out what a higher high and lower low was...

#24     Mar 22, 2013
  5. Well I see it's a waste of time trying to ask questions here. Most people are just looking for an opportunity to ridicule, justified or not, and others like Daring are only filled with frustration and negativity. I have been trading for two years. But you took the opportunity to use "over a month", which is how long I studied one single thread, to ridicule me in an attempt to feel better about yourself. I'm done here. It's a waste of time.

#25     Mar 22, 2013
  6. NoBias

NoBias

You are absolutely correct, ET has too much negativity. Reading it now I see how it came out, it isn't my nature to disparage people. So my sincere apology if I offended you. I try to live by the "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all" rule. My comment wasn't meant to ridicule, I agreed with Daring and thought back on my own journey. I also agreed with some of the things you said as well, it's just that the "over a month" stood out and caught my attention and made me laugh.

I was truly looking back when I first realized I needed to learn price action and dedicated myself to that goal. What I said about it taking over a month to understand the concept of Higher highs, Lower Lows was true. I also was trying to learn from studying a/the "thread", and initially I couldn't grasp what was being shared, as I didn't have the correct concept of HH, LL, HL, LH. Isn't an easy route, but it is achievable. I studied and worked hard for over 4-years before I felt I had a handle on it, I have been consistent ever since, but I still improve each year. The learning never stops, as the market is continually changing. I am now on my 8th or 9th year.

There is so much to learn, it goes far beyond bar by bar analysis. Al Brooks is just one concept. The key isn't the individual parts but applying the many "concepts" and adapting to ever changing market environments. That my friend takes years. knowing how to adapt and what may work in one environment may not in another. TA is only one piece of the puzzle btw...

I can say once you have the "aha" moment and all the pieces start to come together, then your journey actually begins and not before.

Very similar to what NoDoji has done, she is a fine example of what can be achieved by applying oneself, hard work and sheer tenacity. She has taken it a step further by sharing with others, with complete transparency, that in itself is extremely commendable.

I don't read that much ET because I do find it a cesspool of negativity and only occasionally visit out of boredom, but I wouldn't classify Daring as a negative individual though. Whenever I cross his name it appears he is being constructive and a positive contributor to this site. So you may have taken his comments out of context.

I haven't read your questions, so not sure if they are a waste of time or not. I do know that a well thought out question which appears to have been well researched prior to asking has a better chance of obtaining a positive response. A midst the throngs of trolls, there are some very knowledgeable and helpful individuals on this site.

An individual who shows a willingness to help themselves and not just have their handout asking to be spoon fed will obtain the assistance they desire. The rest... well welcome to ET...
    [not implying this is you, just saying]

Didn't mean to write a novel, but your response to my comment was justified, so I spent a little time on my reply.

Edit: OK I read the thread, Daring wasn't being negative. He suggested you read the book like everyone else has. Demonstrating you have done so and asking for clarification would most definitely inspired more positive responses...

Edit1: Darings remark wasn't even directed at you, it was responding to slugar. I don't believe you require an apology, perhaps slugar does, sorry slugar...

#26     Mar 22, 2013
  7. I haven't had a chance to finish the Bob Volman book completely, but it has some good stuff in it so far. And like NoDoji said, it does include actual setups to use. Of what I have read, it hasn't been confusing really either. It is pretty straightforward I feel like. One thing I really have like so far is the fact he actually points out a failed setup or two mentioning that it's all a probabilities game basically and you can't expect every single setup to work every single time.

#27     Mar 22, 2013
  8. Bob111

Bob111

yossy's explanation is logical and easy to understand.

that gibberish writing on the link above-not(at least to me)
    how to hell you can have H1 at bar 38 and H2 at bar 15? anyone?

#28     Mar 23, 2013
  9. Pigsky

Pigsky

gee you are falling all over yourself to defend Daring. You bring him up 4 times.

Are you the same person?

#29     Apr 2, 2013
  10. Pigsky

Pigsky

and who is this "master trader"?

let me guess..... ANEK?

I think you are another Anek alias!!!!

#30     Apr 2, 2013