Is there software that scans custom stock lists for certain chart patterns?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trendisyourfriend, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Hi all, I have downloaded a .csv excel file of stocks that have an EPS Rating of 85 or higher and an RS rating of 85 or higher. I use Investor's Business Daily's data tables to find this info.

Is there a scanner that will scan this list of stocks to look for certain chart patterns like the bullish engulfing pattern?

Thanks

easymon1 likes this.
  2. deaddog

deaddog

Finvis or stockcharts.com

trendisyourfriend likes this.
  3. guru

guru

trendisyourfriend and easymon1 like this.
  4. DaveV

DaveV

Might be easier to invert the search; i.e. use a site such as Finviz to search for all stocks that match the chart pattern, then import that list into Excel to compare against your csv list.

5. taowave

taowave

Why don't you use IBD MarketSmith??? They have a 3 week trial for 20 bucks....

Chartmill may be interesting as well

trendisyourfriend likes this.
  6. ZBZB

ZBZB

7. Peter8519

Peter8519

@trendisyourfriend,
    Since you mention Excel, here is one good source from Stocks and Commodities Magazine.
    Ron McAllister
    MICROSOFT EXCEL: JULY 2013 TRADERS’ TIPS CODE
    http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/2013/07/images/code/TheStepCandlePattern.xlsm

Excel is jack of all trade master of none. A proper tool for scanning stock pattern are stock charting software e.g. Amibroker, NinjaTrader, etc. You can program pattern scanning and scan more efficiently - more stocks and indepth analysis.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  8. terr

terr

1. How many symbols?
    2. Do you want a scan on daily OHLC candles or intraday 1- or 5-min candles?
    3. Would the scan be real time during market hours or something at EOD?

9. easymon1

easymon1

stock scanner
    1. How many symbols? - 1000 symbols
    2. Do you want a scan on daily OHLC candles or intraday 1- or 5-min candles? - intraday 5-min candles and OHLC candles.
    3. Would the scan be real time during market hours or something at EOD? - EOD.

vanzandt likes this.