IS there potential for success...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by buybig, Feb 18, 2008.

  1. buybig


    for the retail investor trading the YM???

    note the EST time back from lunch run on the shorts on the YM 2/11/08.. a slaughter.. should see the tape.

    im starting to feel that there are TOO many big guys w/ TOO much money pushing the market their way..

    running stops on a e mini is probably recreational for the pros/..

  2. 95% of retail fut's traders fail so that leaves 5% who don't. Sure there's potential for success but the odds are heavily stacked against the retail trader.

    Running stops probably is recreational for the pros but think about the opportunity that presents. If you find yourself falling victim to that kind of action take a step back and develop a strategy that exploits it.

    The market can be summed up in one word ---->>>> Opportunity.

    If it's moving there is opportunity. Your job is to put yourself in a position to take advantage of that opportunity and only take the opportunities that have the highest success rate. Why would you bother with anything that doesn't qualify. If the pros do in fact run stops then join them. Find a way to use that to your advantage.

  3. Too many big guys pushing the market their way. That sounds like an advantage not a disadvantage. Find out which way the big guys are pushing the market, and join them (i.e. trading with the trend). It's as simple as that, but not as easy as that. Learn to trade with the big guys (with the trend), then add in sound trade and money mangament and you are on your way to making money. Only problem is this takes lots of screen time and patience. But if you are willing to put in the time to learn these things, you will make it. Just remember to sim before you are consistent.
  4. Today was presidents day in the US. So I hope all these observations concerning the YM were not made this monday.
  5. buybig