Is there anything like a best trading strategy?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nealeliff, Jan 12, 2021.

1. I actually want to keep it simple for now, I have no intentions of winning the market. Simply want to make some money off my savings

PS I already have some safe options locked in, sparing some extra dough for trading.

#41     Jan 18, 2021
  2. sef88

sef88

I'm unsure what you meant by less complex stuff. Python is more than capable for Machine Learning, Time series stuff. If you are referring to HFT, you probably need lower languages like C++ and definitely not MT4.

#42     Jan 18, 2021
  3. Don't use your savings to learn Forex. Keep it. Use the extras that you can afford to lose.

#43     Jan 18, 2021
  4. For long term savings I have invested in ETFs, that’s what I was saying. I definitely don’t intend to use my savings chunk while I am still learning more about this segment of the market.

#44     Jan 19, 2021
  5. That’s anything but right, trading is all about skills and practice.

#45     Jan 19, 2021
  6. Ytintod

Ytintod

Stick to major currency pairs
    USD/GBP
    USD/JPY
    EUR/USD
    USD/CHF

#46     Jan 20, 2021
  7. maxinger

maxinger

my first preference
    various Asian /European/US index futures
    commodities like copper, oil, NG

my 2nd preference
    major currencies, gold, long term bonds
    heating oil, RB gasoline, fuel oil

last preference
    bitcoin
    all food futures like corn, lean hog, soya, wheat
    rubber, palm oil
    short term bonds
    silver, platinum, palladium
    various MSCI indices

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    #47     Jan 20, 2021
  8. maxinger

maxinger

I am a great believer in a positive mindset, and
    I find the smarter I work,
    the more I have of it." -- maxinger

#48     Jan 20, 2021
  9. How much your account will grow will depend on your initial investment and the amount of risk you are ready to take. And as far as taking risk is concerned, it’s better to be mentally prepared to lose all of your money. So put at stake only as much as you are ready to lose. No more or no less. No more for obvious reasons that you don’t want to be in a state where you are financially straining yourself. No less because you should be in it to get the most out of every trade. And that will only come from a level of calculated risk that you take.

#49     Jan 20, 2021
  10. The best trading strategy comes after knowledge and experience and it differs from person to person.

#50     Jan 20, 2021