Is there anything like a best trading strategy?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nealeliff, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Noobs like to hope, "easy to jump into trading and make big $$$... no big deal". Yeah, easy to "jump into"... not so easy to prevail.

Wrong. When you're a trader, you're trying to take $$ away from others who are also trying to take $$ away from you. Those who are smartest, most disciplined, and best capitalized will almost always prevail.

Not saying "it's impossible", because it IS... but not as easy as noobs might hope.

#11     Jan 12, 2021
  2. DaveV

DaveV

traider is right, HFT is a guaranteed money maker; however, it requires a huge capital investment beyond the means of most individual traders.

For individual traders, yes there are several strategies that are very profitable. However, there are none that anyone would be willing to publish for free. Let's say a trader has a strategy that averages $100 per trade. If he published it, more and more traders would start using the strategy, and the average profit would drop to $50, then $20, then $10, then $1 (yes there are traders who would be happy with only $1 profit per trade).

You have to find your own winning strategy.

#12     Jan 12, 2021
  3. It’s usually by about 7pm but you may want to allow time for a cup of tea, so Perhaps more like 7:15pm. That timing will work for other drinks too e.g. coffee.

#13     Jan 12, 2021
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Strangely enough, yes. According to my recent threads (Investing beats trading part 2.), buying a diverse portfolio and dying is the most profitable trading strategy.

#14     Jan 12, 2021
    Arnie and Nobert like this.
  5. padutrader

padutrader

took me 13 years of study to know markets
    took me 13 years of study of Brook's first book to know markets.
    Now i know Brooks is THE Master Trader and why he claims he does not take a loss.
    No normal human being can ever know all that Brooks knows and, on top of it all, put it in writing.
    There are no 'strategies' in his book....only an in depth understanding of how markets move.

I was mystified about charts for 30 years until i understood the contents of that book: oh! i had read every page 100s of times in the last 13 years during which time i read nobody else .And i never will.

#15     Jan 12, 2021
  6. what is the title of the book?

#16     Jan 13, 2021
  7. padutrader

padutrader

Reading Price Charts Bar by Bar: The Technical Analysis of Price Action for the Serious Trader (Wiley Trading) Hardcover – 22 May 2009

#17     Jan 13, 2021
  8. maxinger

maxinger

The best is
    Day trading, LFT

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    #18     Jan 13, 2021
  9. Heyyyy! That’s not what I meant :) :) I am not trying to speed up my profit-making process really, just curious

#19     Jan 13, 2021
  10. Thanks for the vid!

I have actually been there where I even regretted trading to an extent, just want to know how others trade. I feel that could be an important learning step.

#20     Jan 13, 2021
    Nobert likes this.