Is there anything like a best trading strategy?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nealeliff, Jan 12, 2021.

1. I am an occasional trader, not trading regularly so I am not sure about any specific strategy.
    If I have to explain my outcomes - more of neutral and little margins when trading with MT4.

By when should I expect to see my account booming to triple digits?
    Need to hear your tried and tested moves on strategy tuning, spreads, leverage, opening/closing trades, favourable currencies, or commissions.

tayte likes this.
  2. speedo

speedo

" I bought a violin and took some lessons, when can I expect to play at Carnegie Hall?...any special techniques or tunings to speed the process?"

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  3. traider

traider

HFT

Scataphagos likes this.
  4. Nobert

Nobert

Neal, ever heard of -
    No-Pain-No-Gain.jpg

Work on your work ethic first :
    timestamped

5. lindq

lindq

Studies show that only 99% of intraday violin players are profitable.

trader99, Snuskpelle, yc47ib and 4 others like this.
  6. narafa

narafa

Maybe the best Trading Strategy is not to Trade, just a thought

cafeole, Sprout and tradeking007yahoo like this.
  7. Trading well requires a lot. You're unlikely to stumble on a successful strategy trading "occasionally".

8. speedo

speedo

For most it is. People can be very naïve about what it takes to become a consistently profitable trader.

trader99 and Sprout like this.
  9. what does it take? an account at elite trader for one!

oraclewizard77 likes this.
  10. sef88

sef88

Find as many strategies as possible with positive expected value and performance characteristics (e.g. positive skew, negative skews) that perform well in difference conditions (price, economic, etc.). Diversify across them to achieve higher risk adjusted returns. With that you can always lever your portfolio up and down to achieve your target volatility and ensuing returns.

#10     Jan 12, 2021