Is there anyone who uses TT's ADL?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by darkray707, Feb 15, 2020.

1. TT does expose how some TT Order Types are constructed in ADL.

#21     Feb 25, 2020
    whistle, RosyScenario and MarkBrown like this.
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

while i appreciate the effort that video does not explain the question that was asked does it or am i missing something . if people could see how just the order types on a individual basis looked in adl i think was the question. that video just shows some algo called tt-sniper it means nothing to me at least.

try this take the receptionist at tt and have her explain what is going on then when this happens guess what adl will take off because humans can better understand it maybe. until then continue to struggle for another decade pushing adl.

#22     Feb 25, 2020
    Zodiac4u likes this.
  3. minmike

minmike

This is pretty do able. Let me know if you want help. Probably more of a button than hot key. But doable.

#23     Feb 25, 2020
  4. Thanks. Yes, those are good. But we need a little more. Because some of us like the available TT algos but need just one small addition or modification. As it stands now, you would need to first start from scratch to try to duplicate the entire code … quite an undertaking. But TT has this code readily available. So it would not take much for TT to generate the ADLs. And if the ADL code for these algos were made available it would be an enormous benefit to TT's customers as well as being a good enhancement to TT's already fine offerings. There's little for TT to lose and a lot to gain. Therefore, can we put in a request that this be done?

#24     Feb 26, 2020
    J.P. and MarkBrown like this.
  5. I can help with this, I'm a long time trader and user of ADL and code as a hobby, you can visit my website at http://adlprogrammer.com

#25     Dec 4, 2020
    whistle, MarkBrown and RosyScenario like this.
  6. For 12k? :D:D:D

#26     Dec 5, 2020
  7. TT has pushed out the ADL code for numerous order types and they're easy to tweak. Simply save the TT provided algo under a new name and make the adjustments you desire.

If you're looking for more detail or examples, look at the ADL space in TT Community https://community.tradingtechnologies.com/spaces/14/view.html

and look at my YouTube page with dozens of examples including videos of me building algo logic like this:

#27     Dec 6, 2020
    RosyScenario likes this.
  8. Thank you for your reply and that video. I need the ADL for the 'TT Trailing Limit' order. Can you assist? Or can you recommend someone who would be good at crafting this ADL algo?

#28     Dec 10, 2020
  9. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

I'm in the same boat, I need an interpreter to break it down to a level I can understand, TT library is full of information, that only few can understand.:confused:

#29     Dec 17, 2020
    MarkBrown likes this.
  10. Have you looked through TT Community?
    https://community.tradingtechnologies.com/spaces/14/view.html
    You can also reach out to me. I'd be happy to work with you.

#30     Dec 17, 2020
    Zodiac4u likes this.