Is there anyone who uses TT's ADL?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by darkray707, Feb 15, 2020.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

please i beg you tell us what your have done with adl many of us are curious to what degree of success you have had doing automated trading with adl? from what i can tell there is no one using adl except TT staff themselves.

did they provide you and help or assistance with programming or were you able to hire a consultant? typically companies that have complicated programs have consultants that are pre-screened and qualified to help people use their product. did TT provide you with anyone?

#11     Feb 21, 2020
  2. As far as I know, there is no consultant directly related to TT but there is someone who is able to do that. The algorithm that I wanted to make, he said it will cost more than $12K!!

#12     Feb 21, 2020
    MarkBrown likes this.
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

wtf i can hire a village of programmers for 12k nut's.

tt continues to fall flat on their face with the adl - it has been out a very long time and no one is using it, lol - oh except them in some videos.

#13     Feb 21, 2020
  4. minmike

minmike

I have used it. In production. It would be MUCH better for people trading outright or exchange supported spreads. Two legged spreads were barely feasible if you wanted all decisions in the ADL. Multi leg spreads were not doable to my knowledge. Unless you wanted to build multi legged spreader in ADL from scratch.

They used to have an in house guy to help people with usage of adl an other products. I believe they let him go ~2015.

#14     Feb 21, 2020
    MarkBrown likes this.
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

looks kinda like adl but maybe they will have some training and support. let's see.

http://qbitia.com/

#15     Feb 21, 2020
  6. wudy83

wudy83

We looked at Qbitia several years ago and it's a lot less advanced than ADL on TT. Might have changed in the last 2 years though.

What are you trying to do in ADL? Message me directly if you like, giving general information.

I work in a team and we use it to trade close to 50 futures contracts fully automated. Obviously, ADL is used in conjunction with multiple other programs to achieve this.

ADL is perfectly fine to use unless you want to trade HFT. Python can be integrated and so can Excel.

#16     Feb 25, 2020
    MarkBrown and patrickrooney like this.
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

maybe this will help others i post here. i give away some gems in this post.

core choppy trading hotkey.

1.) i would like to hotkey a order for trading side ways market in which a double fade limit order that is placed a specified amount above and below the market price when i hotkey at market.

a.) then once executed either side it acts as a oco to the unfilled opposite side and the new trade starts adding to the position at specified levels of drawdown up to a number of contracts that is set.

b.) catastrophic stops for all positions would be placed a full 8 points from original position and profit targets for cumulative position would be 4 full points.

c.) this would complete phase 1 of the project.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    #17     Feb 25, 2020
  8. minmike

minmike

Would you be ok with hotkey / button in excel not adl?

#18     Feb 25, 2020
    MarkBrown likes this.
  9. Why not make ADLs for all the existing TT order types available? For example:

TT Bracket
    TT OCO
    TT Timed
    TT With A Tick
    Etc.

It should be straightforward as the programming already exists; and it would be very helpful to many as a starting point for additions or modifications rather than having to face the daunting task of starting from scratch.

#19     Feb 25, 2020
    J.P., patrickrooney and MarkBrown like this.
  10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

anything that works i'm not at all hung up on adl. lol

#20     Feb 25, 2020