Is there anyone who uses TT's ADL?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by darkray707, Feb 15, 2020.

1. I am trying to make my own algorithm but having hard time to figure it out.
    Truly, I don't even need to type a single word for syntax but still it is confusing and need a lot to learn....

If there is any programmer who is familiar to this please let me know please

2. minmike

minmike

I have used it. Not bad for simple stuff.

patrickrooney likes this.
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

omg bud it's so convoluted it's unreal. there is a guy on the forum here who writes adl for a fee. i was talking to him in a thread way back. maybe you could search it and see if he is still around. they will tell you they have videos and a forum and yadda yadda but you would think they could hold a class or help people for a fee or something beside just continually year after year pushing it in hopes more than a handful of Einstein's also have mind reading abilities.

4. We have a space in TT Community dedicated to ADL support. Please enter your question there. There are multiple ADL/algo developers active in the space and you'll get your questions answered there.
    https://community.tradingtechnologies.com/spaces/14/view.html
    adlsp.png

MattZ likes this.
  5. You can do some very complex stuff in ADL as well. I'd love to get more feedback. Send me a PM is interested in chatting in private about it.

MattZ likes this.
  6. minmike

minmike

Lol sure. Transfer my X trader workspace into the new TT so I can make the switch.

The other big one is manage hung orders when using an autospreader with adl.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    MarkBrown likes this.
  7. While we can't transfer workspaces, 7x algos may be imported. As for hung orders, logic may be built in ADL to manage that.

ports.png

8. minmike

minmike

There was no way to manage hung autospreader orders in xtrader. Has that changed in TT?

The order block you showed has the same hedge fill port to monitor hedge leg fills. Is there a way to cancel or modify the price of the hung leg?

MarkBrown likes this.
  9. There are a few ways to go about managing this. One is to virtualize each instance of the spread and accumulate the fills for each leg. Use a timer so you have some give. Create logic to act when the quantities don't suit your needs.

Asking this question in TT Community may generate a more detailed response. https://community.tradingtechnologies.com/spaces/14/view.html

10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

Is there anyone who can say they have ADL working in a real time trading environment where it's auto trading?

Please someone speak up and tell us about your experience with it, besides anyone working for TT.

#10     Feb 21, 2020