is there anyone sell on collective2

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by tonyzhou1, Sep 23, 2006.

1. tonyzhou1

tonyzhou1

Is there anyone sell there journal on collective2 and make money?

I think collective2 charge $98 for six month and 30% commission, but i don't know how many visitors to its site will buy the subscription? Its prices seems to high to setup a journal on their website.

2. Lewcifer

Lewcifer

"Is there anyone sell there journal on collective2 and make money?"

Collective2 does not buy journals, nor have they ever.

"I think collective2 charge $98 for six month and 30% commission, but i don't know how many visitors to its site will buy the subscription? Its prices seems to high to setup a journal on their website."

Your statement is vague and ambiguous, at best. In addition to the fixed semi-annual fee, they charge 30% of subscriptions, not commissions. All that information is available on their website, so why you would post an inaccurate summary here is beyond me.

As to their prices being too high for setting up a journal, there are plenty of places you can do so for free. Barnes and Noble has nice journals for roughly $6.95, as does Amazon.

If you want to set up an electronic journal for free, simply create a myspace profile and post into your blog. The same applies to various other "free" blogger sites.

If, on the other hand, you're interested in having your trading system independently validated on an ongoing basis, then collective2 will do that. If you're interested in having a base of managed subscriptions to your trading system, then collective2 will do that also. At that point, if you cash flow is so tight that you can't afford $98 every six months, then perhaps you don't belong in the market at all. Wait until you build up disposable income.

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Come on Luci, you are too hard on the OP. Basicly he meant the same just used different words...

Now about C2. I used to have a system and made money from subscribers, but one has to have good marketing ability beside a profitable (and for subscribers, followable) trading system. The 2 don't always go together...

Also C2 is a place where vendors COMPETE with each other, so first you should check if there are other systems in your kind of method and how well they are doing. If you can not do as well as them or charge less than them, there is no point in starting your system.

For example if you trade ES, right now there is a system with relative low subscription fee, that makes 1.2 ES a day or so. Thus you should be able to make more or charge less or have a smaller DD, anything that would make subscribers wanting to switch over to your system...

Now you find the 30% cut too high that the website takes off. Look at it this way, you don't risk anything (except your reputation) and you don't do the software and the marketing part. You only have to trade. If you would do it on your own, you would end up paying at least that much or more for your own website and advertisement...

Good luck with your system if you decide to start one, but first check for similars in your category!

4. tonyzhou1

tonyzhou1

Hi, Pekelo,

I really agree with you. Marketing is important. The thing is who do the marketing? For C2 charge 30%, I think they should do the marketing stuff, not vendors. For vendors, what they should do is to find a profitable system.

So my point is, for vendors, they spend $98/half year and 30% cut off, but how is C2 doing? Do they have good marketing to attract the subscribers? Because it is no sense for me, spend $98, start a system, and the system is good, then there are no subscribers because their website's bad marketing.

Because there is no place to show how many real paid subscribers on their website, I am wondering the above before I want to start a system on their website.

And by the way, is there any other websites provides the same or better service like C2? Thanks.

5. after you sign up for a free account with C2, you can contact the vendors themselves through the C2 site, and ask them directly.

6. Lewcifer

Lewcifer

after you sign up for a free account with C2, you can contact the vendors themselves through the C2 site, and ask them directly. [/QUOTE]

But that would require that he do a little WORK and RESEARCH to find answers to his question! He'd like you to do that for him...

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Come on, again! Vendors won't tell him what he wants to know, it is like helping the competition. Most vendors keep the number of subscribers a secret for various reasons...

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Quote from tonyzhou1:

The thing is who does the marketing?

Well, I didn't go into details but I was actually thinking of 2 different marketings, one is inside and one is outside of C2:

1. Outside marketing:

C2 advertises on it own, so if you are really lazy, you don't have to do a thing, just trade. But you can help by having a website and diverting traffic to your system, or any other ways you can think of. The danger of this is that people who never heard of C2 might find another system to be worthy for subscription and not yours, but such is life, and as I mentioned, on the website vendors compete with each other.

2. Inside marketing:

Here I mean to write a very detailed system description telling a bit about your strategies, expectations,etc.. Several times a good equity curve isn't enough, would be subscribers want to know more. Also it is easier to write this once instead of explaining it in one on one in emails.

Do they have good marketing to attract the subscribers?

It used to be better, now I have seen a little setback in that department. I think quite a few people know about the website, but there are very few really robust and followable systems...

If you think about it, $100 is really nothing for 6 months of chance to make real money without the risk of losing real money.
    You can easily spend that amount in the bookstore buying 3 books on trading...

And by the way, is there any other websites provides the same or better service like C2? Thanks.

I only know 1 but that had limited trading vehicles (no futures) and it was fairly new, thus not very long track record...

9. I think it makes more sense asking his question directly to vendors, rather than expecting vendors to answer the question in public on ET. Either way, I agree that he can expect most vendors to be hesitant to give away that information.

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am in an argumentative mood tonight, or is this the weather? Or the lack of sense in some posters' posts?

Quote from NoWorries:

I think it makes more sense asking his question directly to vendors,

No it doesn't. Imagine you are a vendor and you get emails from complete strangers how they could make up a system so they could succesfully compete with you. And sure, you are nice enough to tell them everything what they wanted to know about running a business and possibly taking away your subscribers. Having a system on C2 is basicly running a business...Vendors want costumers, not more vendors...

rather than expecting vendors to answer the question in public on ET.

As I mentioned, I WAS a successful vendor on C2 and since right now I am not affraid to lose costumers, I might as well tell you guys how it is.

Again, anybody who wants to get subscribers on C2 has to approach the problem as a mini-business. You have to have a plan, a sellable product, and an incredibly huge amount of capital, exactly $98...Also being polite to costumers and having marketing savy helps a lot...

#10     Sep 24, 2006