Is there anyone more vile than Cramer?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stock777, Apr 10, 2006.

Cramer the vilest lowlife on the planet?

1. No

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. Yes (Name it)

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. No, Not Even Charles Manson on his worst day

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. cramer is feeling the heat. he has had a bad month with a long string of blowups. bol,mo,unh,pwav,ceph.

Painful Blowups Come -- and Go

By Jim Cramer
    RealMoney.com Columnist
    4/11/2006 2:36 PM EDT
    Click here for more stories by Jim Cramer

Pain! Pain everywhere. I am no stranger to it, I am no stranger to the catcalls and the aggravated people who are upset with the market. You bought Ciena (CIEN:Nasdaq - commentary - research - Cramer's Take) at $5.50, you are plenty angry. You bought Bausch & Lomb (BOL:NYSE - commentary - research - Cramer's Take) 20 points ago, you are livid. Heck, you bought UnitedHealth Group (UNH:NYSE - commentary - research - Cramer's Take) at $60 and change.
    I must be an idiot!

Wait a second. Let's understand some things. The market's undergoing a correction. People are scared about Iran, scared that oil is going to $80, scared the Democrats are going to take over Congress -- big health care worry. I have had a few untimely blowups, as if there is such a thing as a timely blowup.

I guess if this had never happened to me before, I would be sweating it. But you know what? In 1998, I was down $98 million for the year in October. $98 million. Talk about an idiot! You had to short me, right? I heard the catcalls big-time -- I even had David Faber call me and ask if I was going belly-up. I had people saying that I was a war criminal, for heaven's sake. (If you want to hear more about this, click here to watch the free video of my interview with James Altucher.)

It was a bad bet to short me. I finished up for the year, a couple of percentage points up. Not good, but not disastrous.

Whenever I read the catcallers -- and I read all my emails and blog comments -- I think about that much more dire period, when everybody was calling for my head and people thought I would never ever pick another good stock again. You know what? I did.

I don't thrive on the tough talkers anymore. No bravado. But I can't pay too much attention to them because I know the game, I know that there are hot and cold streaks, I know that you can't really game a fungus problem that didn't exist three weeks ago and I know that the people who are unhappy with me aren't ever really going to be happy with me.

So be it.

All I can say is that I guess I have seen it all. I have felt the disasters and the pain. This feels like all the other disasters and pain.

Nothing better, and definitely not worse.

I used to say, "Come bet against me." Now I don't even care. Just do what you have to do to go make money, whether it is with me or without me.

But remember, these things come and go. And they have now come.

They will go. Again.

At the time of publication, Cramer was long Bausch & Lomb.

#11     Apr 11, 2006
  2. Keep posting son. The composite of your posts clearly indicates to me that you are well trained in the art of group think. I havent seen an ounce of originality or individual critical thought from you yet. Clearly you take great comfort from the perceived support of the masses.

#12     Apr 11, 2006
  3. lol. way to turn a post about cramer into petty ad hominem attacks on the poster

which only degrades you...

how ironic

#13     Apr 11, 2006
  4. Did he even mention BOL tonight??

#14     Apr 11, 2006

5. WHAT???? were you not one of his biggest supporters???
    You always talked good about him and now this?!?

:eek: :confused:

#15     Apr 11, 2006
  6. hmmm....... what about Cramerholic????

Will he deny Cramer 3 times before the rooster crows??

:p

#16     Apr 11, 2006

7. That's right. That was also some time ago before he decended into the current buffoonery.

You see, I had detected all along the 'wisdom' part. But somehow, the huge ego , absurd theatrics, playing to bimbos and wannabee college goofs, became the focus.

I am a trader. Traders change with the market.

Short Cramer.

#17     Apr 11, 2006
  8. I was going to use Stern instead of Manson, but didn't think Stern was loathsome enough.

#18     Apr 11, 2006
  9. Choad

Choad

Kind of funny. He has mentioned many times, that he was just about to give up, sell everything and close down. Then his wife, Karen "The Trading Goddess" stepped in and told him to suck it up and buy. And this is the wife that really could trade. Who worked for Stienhardt. And who he never mentions anymore, while he plays with those clueless females that call in.

I almost puked at this one:

Cramer: "Is this my friend Linda from Florida?"

Caller: "Hi Slim Jim! You are looking great. Should I buy sell or hold GE..."

Barf.

Sounds like all of Jimbo's trading "ability" is on the outs. :p

#19     Apr 12, 2006
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

id like to have that keyboard with all the noises....so when i get a cold caller on the phone...:D

#20     Apr 12, 2006