Is there anyone here who is self-taught, consistently profitable and confident of continued success?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by with interest, Apr 13, 2019.

1. schweiz

schweiz

Yes, both explanation can be possible. I just wanted to explain that what he posted has no value as we don't know which explanation is the right one.

#61     Apr 22, 2019
    volpri likes this.
  2. volpri

volpri

If your dollar amount is sufficient for you and you are happy you should be quite PROUD of yourself for you have found a way to extract money from the markets that meets your needs. You went through alot to get to this point and without a doubt your ego, pride, and renovation projects carried you. CONGRATS! I am happy for you!

As far as getting rich from trading. Possible. But one has to have a good strategy that is consistent and the capital to size up. If you make 300 dollars a day then sizing up to 10 times the amount of contracts/shares and some decent money will be made. Nevertheless, one's psychological makeup and one’s capital must be able to endure the times of losses as well.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    #62     Apr 22, 2019
    humbletrader2016 likes this.
  3. volpri

volpri

I was just wondering: is there anyway I can “like” my own post on ET? It could be a great self motivator!

69CBCE4A-6286-470D-890F-46FF65BBE2C8.jpeg

#63     Apr 22, 2019
    Onra likes this.
  4. schweiz

schweiz

Use a second alias. Most people on ET do that. :D

#64     Apr 22, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. volpri

volpri

5D927224-D74C-479F-8C3B-B83DE1098C94.jpeg

#65     Apr 22, 2019
  6. ironchef

ironchef

@humbletrader2016, I humbly disagree.

If you do not have to take all the profit of trading for living expense, you can, no different from any business or investing activity. The law of compounding is not limited to real estates. If one has positive expectancy and keep at it year after year, it is possible to get rich trading.

#66     Apr 22, 2019
  7. ironchef

ironchef

Thank you for sharing your success story. We should congratulate you as it gives us newbies encouragements to keep going.

Just a minor comment: I applaud your success and skills but I think a 100% win probability is not sustainable.

#67     Apr 22, 2019

8. C'on, I'm not on here to get an advice from anybody on this forum and I rarely come up here anyway. So, no thank you.

Regard to your previous post of dog eating dog in trading business, one piece of advice for you is that just make sure you don't trade against me since I'm very excellent at taking than giving out $$$ from my account for years. Good luck with your trading.

#68     Apr 22, 2019
    volpri likes this.
  9. You are right... I do have to cut losses sometimes and trust me, I'm sooooooo good at it.... It's within my trading plan for each trade.

#69     Apr 22, 2019
    volpri likes this.
  10. schweiz

schweiz

So you are like the average ET member? :D

#70     Apr 22, 2019