Is there anyone here who is self-taught, consistently profitable and confident of continued success?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by with interest, Apr 13, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

You monster. I am 6’3” with banana hands and still find

the

return key.

WTF does you height have to do with it?

I digress.

/haiku

36F1E184-AD08-4BE8-92DA-DE1F5BC17BA2.png

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    #31     Apr 14, 2019
  2. destriero

destriero

#32     Apr 14, 2019
  3. Handle123

Handle123

For what is it worth, I enjoy reading your posts, they bring up ideas and truth to how markets have become. I don't notice it as much as my eyes adapt to changes like breathing. But comparing them to say five years ago, reactions at S/R have changed if one looks at tick charts. Volume bars have changed as well, whereas before you can see volume better at S/R and now happens as to mask what is happening, but study anything long enough.... I don't use ATR much, I study slopes of price-no slope means chops and tighter patterns, meaning buy/sell extremes of the range, steeper slopes I wait for the ends.....I believe large firms have changed charts long ago to sucker in unknowledgeable traders by what they view for intraday, most never study one bar at a time then study waves of swings, what are stats of what happens in last 10,000 times before bar by bar, many are no bars of have no meanings-just noise or continuation of going practically no where....I find this forum and other to be the same, many have too much egos, but dealing as in we all operate a business and all competing for money as end result, all have their own ways to express themselves, I have had to simply put some on ignore so it does not interfere with my non aggression stance on life going forward.

Much luck

#33     Apr 14, 2019
    birdman, Nobert and Peter8519 like this.
  4. Peter8519

Peter8519

Everyone has it and it's very hard to fix.
    Somehow, it has to do with how successful one is in the market.

#34     Apr 14, 2019
    Handle123 and Nobert like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Expression is important, yes sir.

#35     Apr 14, 2019
  6. schweiz

schweiz

When the pain of losing money exceeds the pain of losing your ego, you are good to go.

#36     Apr 15, 2019
  7. padutrader

padutrader

yep better to lose your opinion than your money

#37     Apr 15, 2019
  8. Yes! His post is pretty much unreadable without paragraphs.

#38     Apr 20, 2019
  9. You should also consider percentage gain. If the consistent $50k gain is only 2% gain of his investment capital, then one might as well buy risk-free Treasuries yielding 2% while working on a full-time job instead of dreaming to be a full-time retail trader.

#39     Apr 20, 2019
  10. Thank you for your responses! It’s encouraging that those who answered the question, unanimously answered positively.

I actually think there’s a lot of value here, so have pasted this thread (with a little editing) into the first section of my draft trading planning, Due Diligence.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    #40     Apr 20, 2019