Is there anyone here who has a consistently profitable automated trading system?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Blitzjoker, Jul 20, 2023.

1. bouale93

bouale93

Of course they exist. Many hedge funds out there are purely systematic

#21     Jul 21, 2023
    murray t turtle and MarkBrown like this.
  2. themickey

themickey

The thread title is: "Is there anyone here who has a consistently profitable..."

#22     Jul 21, 2023
    murray t turtle and PPC like this.
  3. rb7

rb7

No, it's not that hard.
    And a computer can identify patterns way faster than humans. Like thousands every second.

#23     Jul 21, 2023
  4. rb7

rb7

There are a few here pretending they are.
    Out of those, probably half are really profitable.

#24     Jul 21, 2023
  5. virtusa

virtusa

Again a stupid thread without any added value.
    Like many threads on ET.
    What will the answer bring to you as added value?

Whether the answer is yes or no, it will not change anything for you and not help you to decide what to do.
    Because what matters is what YOU can achieve. Do you have the required qualifications to become successful or not? Only future can tell.
    Don't judge on what people post on ET, as the large majority has no clue about consistently profitable trading. That's why they are here.

The fact that you even don't recognize the low level of the average ET "trader" gives an indication about what you know, or rather what you don't know yet.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
    #25     Jul 21, 2023
    SunTrader, Bad_Badness and PPC like this.
  6. virtusa

virtusa

All patterns that are not first put in the computer by humans. A computer is completely lost if there is no input from humans.
    Only the patterns that are put in the computer can be recognized, patterns that are not in the computer are never found by the PC.

#26     Jul 21, 2023
    rb7 and PPC like this.
  7. 2rosy

2rosy

I worked at firms (high volume) where I never saw a human trade unless there was some error. I also have never come across a profitable retail trader.

#27     Jul 21, 2023
    M.W. likes this.
  8. toucan

toucan

i've talked with a number of traders that seem to have been sucessfull in automating. in general it seems many of the longer term traders that have automated are consistently profitable for longer periods of time (just think of automation during a bull market), but the shorter the timeframe and the closer you get to daytrading, it seems like the quicker the automation fails.

just my opinion
    toucan

#28     Jul 21, 2023
    virtusa likes this.
  9. virtusa

virtusa

That's normal; if they would be profitable they would never work there.

#29     Jul 21, 2023
    TrailerParkTed, PPC and rb7 like this.
  10. virtusa

virtusa

The difficulty grows exponential in relation to the shrinking of the timeframe.

LT also use less leverage and has much smaller returns. Because of the small leverage (if there is any leverage at all) allows them to stay long in a losing position, hoping to get out without a loss.
    In daytrading that is impossible as you have no time for that. The trading system should be much more performant and is much more complex. So the more complicated the less people are able to make money.

#30     Jul 21, 2023
    toucan likes this.