is there any weekly/monthly traders?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by vinrouge, Jan 19, 2006.

1. vinrouge

vinrouge

i don't believe day-trade, because i think the chance to predict very short term movement is almost impossible.

that's why i prefer to setup a profolio and review the combination weekly/monthly... etc.

does there anyone use the same stractegy as me?

2. ================
    Yes thats the way most money is traded/invested;
    course mm/speciialists do real well pulling trigger very often.:cool:

3. Maybe for you it is impossible but my P&L says differently.

Think about it, the shorter the time frame, the less variables there are to "change" the direction of the stock. I have a much higher probability of predicting the next 5 mins then the next hour, day or month. Thats just my opinion though.

4. There's barely anyone on this forum that trades off just daily charts (I've asked before), much less weekly/monthly.

5. newbunch

newbunch

I trade weekly. I'm sure my strategy is not the same as yours though.

6. I trade monthly but it is with options not stocks.

7. I trade somewhat like you have described, longer positions/some swing, but also use options to leverage and hedge.

Nothing wrong with longer timeframes at all as long as you know what you are doing. To each his own.

8. vinrouge

vinrouge

it's always interesting to share the thoughts with you guys
    by the way, how do you establish your mid term trading strategies?

9. NKNY

NKNY

I also trade with daily EOD information. I find that the money is made in holding overnight.

Nick

10. Yeah, very little money to be made intraday and almost no edge, especially on futures.

Open positions with a long term horizon and the chances of success are pretty good for u.

#10     Jan 21, 2006