Is there any way to short the Romney Campaign?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hoofhearted, Aug 11, 2012.

1. This...I agree with

I propose that we separate along geographic lines..We keep the north and you guys can have the south

#21     Aug 12, 2012
  2. well, you could register, democrats pay taxes (if they have any income) but get social security and medicare. republicans pay no taxes, but they can't drive on public roads. You could have an emergency lane paid for by churches and charities, a democrat lane (carpool) paid for by taxes, and a republican lane paid for by private investment.)

#22     Aug 12, 2012
  3. ... and may not watch any pictures from Mars!

#23     Aug 12, 2012
  4. unless they are official sponsers. Buy a Happy Meal, get a free picture of Mars.

#24     Aug 12, 2012
  5. In this New World there can be no communication whatsoever from members of different parties because this marriage is irretrievably broken. At birth, you will be required to declare your political affiliation. Depending on your declaration you would be shipped to the appropriate Ward.

Therefore, no happy meals, roads, or mars pictures for Republicans....oh and by the way..no healthcare for those republicans living in double-wides.

#25     Aug 12, 2012
  6. HurricaneUS:republicans living in double-wides.

Carolina is full of those.:D

#26     Aug 12, 2012
  7. I wish you would change your handle, there's a poster (forex trader) who is actually intelligent that goes by hurricane. Everytime you post you besmirch just more of his name and everything else you touch.

#27     Aug 12, 2012
  8. Nope. We split by county. Percentage vote for President will be the metric. The map will look like this.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2008/countymapredbluer1024.png

Enjoy your blue enclaves. Good luck finding any sources of clean water or arable land to grow food in them. Maybe you can eat each other. But at least you'll have "free" healthcare until you die of dehydration. So, you've got that going for you.

#28     Aug 12, 2012
  9. Where do you ever see Republicans complaining about roads?

It's the trillion dollars-plus per year that is going to spending on non-road items that they complain about.

Until that basic point is acknowledged, I don't see any basis for discussion.

#29     Aug 12, 2012
  10. ok, I'll acknowledege it (just for the sake of discussion) I don't know where the other trillions go, I never see what it buys. As far as I know, all the government does is build roads and have Military parades.

#30     Aug 12, 2012