Is there any way to short the Romney Campaign?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hoofhearted, Aug 11, 2012.

1. I guess I should put -"only people who understand options will get it"

#11     Aug 12, 2012
  2. its really hard to knock a president out of his second term.. Bottom line.. .My parents are in local politics and are very active about current issues.. i believe the best is to be positioned in this respect.. expect volatility going into the elections.. expect obama to win.. the debt can gets kicked down the road farther.. DEBT increases.. We print more and more money to keep the interest rates down on our ever increasing debt..
    so what trades partain to this.. definitly at this point fixate a long position in interest rates in every way in your life.. loans.. mortgages.. etc.. and through the TBT.. rates do go negative related to inflation but i would place big bets that in the long term rates will go up against.. and even if its not to 15 percent.. you make stupid money buying the tbt at 14 or 15... representing a 1.4 percent interest rate.. thats sick

next continue to think inflation... sure Soros got out of Gold in the 1900's but hes back in it from my understanding.. a flight away from the dollar and into commodities and commodity related companies and currencies.. Dollar dominated equities could get crushed.. but if obama wins.. expect the printing presses to prop up the market.. This isn't going to get our Triple A rating back.. this is an insane form of ecomomics..
    This idiots think they have dials they can just turn and tune the economy out of a recession... they buy out bottoms in the market thinking they are the quants that can handle such large assumptions and their related risks.. BULLSHIT.. they have no idea the fire they are playing with..
    if Romney does get it.. he hopefully will cut spending and cause more recession which in my opinion is good! Constraining the volatility of the free market with printing press/market manipulation is going to lead to this country to ruin!

There is a private school Bubble.. There is a long term equities bubble.. And if things don't change America as a whole will burst.. Everyone thinks nothing bad can happen.. All the Depression Era sense is dead.. All the good influence is gone... We have this sick economic agents screaming for more medicine.. which is cheap easy money.. when thats a band aid on a bullet wound.. all these economic agents need to get back to producing things of value.. its like a pill head waiting for the next time they can get a prescription fill.. not thinking of how they can actually get off pills!

all i'm saying is the day of reckoning is to come..i wouldn't be long the dollar on a long term basis.. yes.. and i am a patriot and an American.. I hope these idiots in office get voted out.. but its not going to happen.. we the people of the United States need to experience more pain to realize our mistakes.. i'm calling it now.. Obama takes a second term.. and we stagflate... this is going to be a long road.. This whole idea of GDP growing at a rate to make sense of our debt structure is pure alchemy.. the compounding effects of interest rates rising is create REAL problems.. you watch.. and i hope i'm wrong!

#12     Aug 12, 2012
  3. Writing a covered call not some complicated genius option strategy, thought you would elaborate on your theory a little more. Guess not.

#13     Aug 12, 2012
  4. ocean5

ocean5

You`d better long the Romney Champaign

#14     Aug 12, 2012
  5. +1

#15     Aug 12, 2012
  6. you call yourselves conservatives, but you expect the President to do everything for you

#16     Aug 12, 2012

7. -1

after your guy fucked up the country you now have the nerve to come on here and complain about the guy that's trying to fix your mess :confused:

you obviously have balls for brains if you think Obama can fix the shithole your guy left us in only a couple +/- of years

#17     Aug 12, 2012
  8. Both parties are out to destroy the middle class. Given the lunatic fringe of the right wing has become downright frightening, my guess is every Reagan republican stays home and Obama gets his second term. Which means new highs in stocks.

#18     Aug 12, 2012
  9. I'm not going to stay home, but I'll never vote for another republican or democrat again. If there is no independent choice, I will just vote against the incumbant.

#19     Aug 12, 2012
  10. Hey, guess what, the Presidential terms are only 4 years and the President's powers are limited. You don't get to dictate the length of the term by how you judge the amount of work that you think you need to do.

It's almost as if Obama supporters never took a civics class.

Again, I will reiterate that the only thing that can save us at this point is splitting into multiple countries. It's as pointless to try to save the current set-up as it would be to try to save a marriage heading for a divorce. We need a "no-fault" political divorce, basically.

#20     Aug 12, 2012