Is there any way to make money on the scarcity of shrimp?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by garchbrooks, May 1, 2010.

1. There actually are some trades here.

First is booms. Whomever makes booms needs to make enough to cover from western Louisiana to about North Carolina about three times over.

Then there's this company making a chemical that makes the oil increase density, clump together and sink so the microbes at the bottom of the sea naturally processes the oil the same as your body does (hydrocarbon versus carbohydrate both containing carbon and hydrogen and it does something with separating or rearranging the atoms in the molecules or something). BP claims to have attained approval to use it in some press releases. There is a publicly traded company that makes it; they're scaling it up with global production converting/ renting existing factories who can replicate and scale up the process. Apparently it does not take long to produce on a large scale and I would guess they can name their price.

As to the fishermen, BP has been very smart in hiring them. They need to make friends with them. Fishermen are being hired to place booms, monitor ecology, pilot boats in the harbors, etc.

Boats: They're asking anyone with a vessel to register with them and let them know how long their boat is, what the range is, capabilities, etc. If I made boats and had several hundred I could not move, I'd certainly see if they would buy them. They have budgeted billions of dollars for cleanup.

The safety valve that is not required in the USA? Or at least was not required last month? It's going to be required next month. Find out who makes that safety valve because they're about to sell one on each of the many tens of thousands of rigs in the gulf.

There will be millions of gallons of detergent used in cleaning birds, boats, docks, equipment, men, etc. Proctor & Gamble.

Boat supplies. They have blank checks to buy anything boat related.

This is potentially the worst oil spill in the history of mankind. As soon as those pretty white beaches look like the black sand beaches of Hawaii, it's only going to keep going on.

Short the resorts along the coastal beaches. They're toast.

Hotels closest the spill will be overbooked with cleanup workers but they're going to get ruined by all the oil soaked men coming in taking showers, etc. They'll have revenue but make less money by the time they replace all the carpets, pain the walls, etc.

There's lots of money flying around on this. Just follow the processes and read the news wires.

#11     May 1, 2010
    zdreg likes this.
  2. "Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it. "

#12     May 1, 2010