Is there any value in these message boards from a trader's perspective?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

3/ Sponsors like you only share for money. :)

#31     Oct 4, 2009
  2. Well, if you are learning to trade, there are some good threads like Jack's.

There are many trolls who will try to ruin the threads.

Also, as noted there are reviews of brokerages.

I am going to share something now that can make many people money or at least keep them from losing money.

If you plan to trade forex instead of signing up at a forex brokerage account, sign up with a futures account and trade currency futures.

The reason being that all future data feed is the same for everyone whereas the data feed being supplied for the forex is being supplied by the forex broker.

Also, the forex broker can and does trade against client accounts.

Heres some more advice, if you plan to trade millions of shares of stock, its better to go prop to get the lowest commissions.

If you plan to make money trading, you need to do something different than what everyone else is doing.

#32     Oct 4, 2009
  3. The % of seasoned people on ET who would disagree with this assertion is very very high. Jack has never shown serious ability to trade profitably here - as he always avoids backing his claims with verifiable proof, but has huge volumes of ET pages spewing difficult-to-read prattle. you must be blind to the hundreds of threads and posts from many to this effect.

How many times has Jack declared he was leaving, but could not stay away???

#33     Oct 5, 2009
  4. LOL what exactly do you want? Their method? Why would anyone share their system/method here? Why should they?

I do not care how others trade or what they think...I have my system and I stick to it.

I do like to ask questions about brokers, etc. but as for actual tradig methods....

"if you have to ask you shouldn't be trading"
    -------------------------------------------------
    I'm going on 14 years as a full time trader. ET has gone downhill in many ways - but mostly due to posters who have little to nothing to offer. And those very posters make up a larger and larger percentage of the posts as time goes on.

#34     Oct 7, 2009
  5. None at all. Trading for all is trading for none.

#35     Oct 7, 2009
  6. Lethn

Lethn

Game forums are worse, you should see what happens on them, the majority of the time they are filled with trolls or fanboi squads touting their supremacy over everyone else instead of actually having any sane discussion.

#36     Oct 7, 2009
  7. bone

bone

Lethn:

This is a game forum.

All I can say is that I have nine traders under contract, and to a person they will all give positive reviews in terms of my value-added service and expertise.

In terms of introducing some yield curve traders to a more refined spread trading modeling approach, it has been value-added. In terms of teaching scalpers a new way of trading markets, it has been value-added. My expertise in the energy markets has given many of my clients an additional revenue stream.

When prospective clients contact my existing clients for a reference, the general feedback I hear from the prospect is along the lines of 'I wish I had met him 2 years ago'.

Trading for 17 years has been a lonely profession for me in terms of mutual sharing for obvious reasons. I like to share, and I think that I'm a decent trading mentor, but I'm not going to do it for free. I also have a full-time trader at the office working for me whom I am bringing along and he's trading the firm's capital.

#37     Oct 7, 2009