Is there any software can do this?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by lw27, Jan 18, 2004.

1. lw27

lw27

Hi all,

Suppose I have a list(Total number is about 30) of stocks with different dates, e.g. AAA at Jun 18, 2003, BBB at Sep 3, 2003, CCC at Jan 3, 2004, and I know that the list comes from a specific(but unknown to me) method( maybe similar chart pattern, or maybe similar indicator values that meet a specific criteria).

Is there any software that I can use to analysis this list and figure out what the method is?

Thanks in advance.

2. samaras

samaras

Very unlikely and from my personal experience it is not worth the effort. For all you know you might look at an optimised system. From my personal experience the best thing is to develop something on your own that fits your personality.

3. jaan

jaan

working for a brokerage, eh?

- jaan

4. lw27

lw27

Hi samaras,

Thanks for your reply. I know this is hard if not impossible, but it is worth the effort in my opinion. At the moment, I can see all of them have very similar chart pattern but I am not too sure how to figure out any underlying relationships or criteria. I have tried TradeStation 2000i's radar screen by comparing all the indicator values available in 2000i, some of the indicator values are quite close but I don't know which of them are the most important. Also I find out that the indicators in 2000i is not enough, and I am looking for some other software that have similar radar screen function but more indicators to choose.( Any suggestions? )

5. lw27

lw27

Hi jann,

If you have time to take a look at my previous posts, you will know how much I hate those brokers.

6. jaan

jaan

yeah, just kidding.. :)

- jaan

7. To my knowledge, nothing like this is or will likely become available. This would actually violate most licensing agreements as this would be considered reverse engineering which is prohibited in most software agreements. I would suggest checking out the legal ramifications before pursuing.