Is there any reason why technical analysis would work

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by nycderivtrader, Aug 20, 2003.

1. No need to be sorry, it was my mistake for leaving out any reference to volume -- good eye!

#41     Aug 23, 2003
  2. Wife wakes up in morning. Is her mood good or bad? I need an indicator to give me some guidance. Fundamentally, we have been married for 20 years.

#42     Aug 23, 2003
  3. does anyone concur that SINA looks to be fomring a head and shoulders top on a line chart...? (7/14---7/29--- 8/21)

regards,

ICe
    :cool:

#43     Aug 23, 2003
  4. silk

silk

Technial analysis is the study of "what is happening" in the mkt.

I believe the holy grail is this "What is currently happening will continue to happen until it no longer is happening".

So basically TA tells you what is currently happening. A winning trader goes with what is currently happening and successfully takes profits and switches directions when what is currently happening stops happening.

I'm convinced that the above is the secret to making money in the markets.

Basically this is the same as "the trend is your friend".

#44     Aug 23, 2003
  5. damir00

damir00 Guest

bid/ask/last tells you what is currently happening. TA only tells you what has already happened.

#45     Aug 23, 2003
  6. That post should be published.

#46     Aug 24, 2003
  7. I will make an article on this theme soon (for my site) and I will post also in this thread.

#47     Aug 30, 2003

8. bid/ask/last also only tells you what has already happened.

best,

surfer:)

#48     Aug 30, 2003
  9. #49     Aug 30, 2003
  10. Officials, academics and Nassim Taleb say that patterns don't exist: why don't you believe them ?

#50     Aug 30, 2003