Is there any free/cheap options scanner?

Discussion in 'Options' started by thecalip, Jul 31, 2006.

1. I would like the screener to be able to scan for daily average volume, and unusual volume.

Any one availble?

2. Most scanners are cheap...but that is a relative term.

If you are an Interactive Brokers client, their Market Scanner has a filter for "Hot by Opt Volume". The scanner is "free" with an account (min monthly account fees apply)

There are a bunch of scanners on www.ivolatility.com that you might want to check out.

Also, have a look at www.chartbender.com. I've never used their tools so I'm not sure if they support filtering by volume or not.

Good luck.

MoMoney.

3. www.poweropt.com has some stuff. I looked at the free trial but didn't need the scanner

4. TinGull

TinGull

Bringin' up an oldie...

I'm looking for a scanner that can alert me to heavy option activity as it's happening. A lot of websites are tough to get this info out as in if they do this or not. I've checked optionvue, OptionStation, iVolatility.com....

Any advice on a software that can alert me to this stuff?

Thanks

5. ajacobson

ajacobson

Trade Alert is the best, but it's not free

6. Do you have a URL for Trade Alert?

7. JackR

JackR

8. Thanks Jack!

9. What do you expect to learn from increased volume?

If stock XYZ averages 10,000 contracts a day and is at a price of 55. Then you get a screener that tells you 18,000 options traded and 10,000 were the 60 day 40 strike puts what do you believe you should do with that info?

#10     Oct 9, 2007