Is there any automated placing order software which can send orders promptly with TS

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by robinxing, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Does the Global Server in TS2000i need to be running or can it be shut down ?

yes of coz the gs need to be running

#21     Feb 3, 2007
  2. i use ts2000i + metaserver + IB. works good. i would be interested in what auto-trading option you end up using. i think hyperorder is still available, but no clue if it would be best.

#22     Feb 3, 2007
  3. joesan

joesan

I think when you have IB+metaserver/owanda+TS2000i/TS8 as the datafeed and charting software, the choice of order transmission software is multiple: hyperorder worked fine for me but nowadays I prefer tradebullet or ninjatrader( was previously trademagic) . But remember, there is still another integrated combination from one single provider: IB+Owndata 2+TS8+Owntrade . (Available at http://www.tssupport.com/ ) OwnData 2 allows you using third party(IB) data in TradeStation 8 and OwnTrade supports direct execution of orders generated by TradeStation 8 strategies.

Try and find which one you are comfortable with. It may take you quite some time to get accoustomed to the platform, but once you settle down, they are stable.

#23     Feb 3, 2007
  4. inPeace

inPeace

I trade HSI futures thru IB. Can i use the above combination to automate my strategy?
    (my strategy is not based on chart/indicators but based on calculation)
    do you mean if i use, say, Tradesation + IB + hyperorder,
    i can fully automate the strategy and order placing and management?

how much does it cost a month?
    do i have to pay double commisssion (IB + Tradestatoin)?

sorry if my questions sounds silly, i'm a newbie in ATS. and Thanks for your help!

#24     Feb 7, 2007
  5. i was able to get a trial version of hyperorder. we'll see if i can set it up and run it successfully :)

#25     Feb 9, 2007