Is there any automated placing order software which can send orders promptly with TS

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by robinxing, Feb 2, 2007.

1. mapfler

mapfler

Yes, i tried and works very well.

#11     Feb 2, 2007
  2. I agree with most of what's been said in this thread. TS2000i is old, unsupported software, with many bugs, and not to be relied-upon for realtime trading. It's OK for backtesting however...that's about it.
    TraderAssistant provides a high speed DLL link to TWS order entry....and that is good. The bad news is, they did not integrate the IB data feed into TS2000i. Thus, you'll be charting with one feed (you must pay for this separately), and sending orders based on IB's feed. Very dangerous IMHO.

#12     Feb 2, 2007
  3. mapfler

I saw your message on the forum of TB

why abort TB

do you mind talking about it?

#13     Feb 2, 2007
  4. The bad news is, they did not integrate the IB data feed into TS2000i. Thus, you'll be charting with one feed (you must pay for this separately), and sending orders based on IB's feed. Very dangerous IMHO.?

plz talk about more detail

Now I am using metaserver3.2+IBtws+Tradestation2000i

I did not find anything wrong

#14     Feb 2, 2007
  5. Arbitrageur:

I wanna trade HSI ans SGXNK

what is fee of it

#15     Feb 3, 2007
  6. That's good to know....but in your case, you most likely have the TWS edition of Metaserver, so your feeds for charts and orders are the same.
    Let me ask you a question about Metaserver:
    Does the Global Server in TS2000i need to be running or can it be shut down ?

#16     Feb 3, 2007
  7. joesan

joesan

Yeah, metaserver has a version for IB,if you only trade two symbols , you can even pay zero for that.

#17     Feb 3, 2007
  8. Huh ? I thought Metaserver was a one-time license fee type of deal. It's based on symbols used ?

#18     Feb 3, 2007
  9. joesan

joesan

in the trial version, you can have two symbols for free forever. If you only need two symbols, you do not have to buy a paid standard version

#19     Feb 3, 2007
  10. Wow...great deal. I'll be checking it out !
    Thanks.

#20     Feb 3, 2007