Is there any 100% tick by tick real time playback chart software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by secxces, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Ray, this is a good place to ask a question I've been wondering about for a while:

If we run NT's replay function at a faster speed such as 10X for example, even though the screen (chart) may be skipping forward to keep up, behind the scene, if we have any Ninjascript code running, will that code "touch" all the same data that it touches if the replay was running at 1X?

In other words, can we speed up testing of code by running the Replay faster and still get the same results as if we ran in at 1X.

#11     Oct 5, 2008
  2. Avi 8

Avi 8

#12     Oct 5, 2008
  3. secxces

secxces

What?

Buddy, lets learn to be more constructive. Your answers and statements make you look ignorant and very uneducated.

Considering that all most all well rounded successful traders back test there systems, and spend 1000's of hours in front of a computer screen to perfect there art, I believe my request is not only smart but also maybe a little out of your league.

Asking too much? No

Again Spanish89, lets get the English down pat first.

We all can’t trade like you and make 5% - 10% a day. Man, you’re just a GOD!................................ or something else. Like, I dont know, childish, moronic, cow dung...so many possibilities, so little time.

Maybe you should try putting together a strategy that works. I here there is software that will replay market data for you. Its the craziest thing, but in this country, we can put a man on the moon, and cure some diseases. Maybe far fetched to you, but to us, a little old replay feature isnt much.

Yeah, but thanks for comment and ill take it into consideration. pft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BACK TO REALITY AND THE ORIGINAL QUESTION

As for the answer to the original question, I have a friend of mine from ET here, that actually has the pre-recorded market data from NinjaTrader. Although he only gave me the ES, ER2, and CL data, I can attest, it replays almost as if it were live. Full market replay with the exact speed of the tick and movement along with the bid/ask. I believe it’s as real as im going to get. I wonder how this would work with stocks though. A little more data would need to be recorded I assume. Maybe not. In any case. That’s what I needed.

Thanks to everyone for posting.

- secXces

#13     Oct 5, 2008
  4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

No data is skipped. Replay at accelerated speed still process each and very tick.

#14     Oct 5, 2008