Is there a way to watch cnbc live on my computer?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by 7out, Oct 28, 2015.

1. 7out

7out

All my previous links seem to have stopped working.

What can I use ?

2. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

3. Also I think that TD Ameritrade offer it for free on its platform... though you have to be a TDA client...

4. You don't have to be a client of TDA to watch it on iPad app.

5. 7out

7out

Thanks for the replies, but I'm just looking to view it off the computer (and hopefully free).
    I remember in the past we (when I worked in an office) someone had a link to view it online - it was actually 5-7 seconds ahead of the cable broadcast.

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

CNBC TV live on the internet had a hack link. Some traders used it but one day an idiot posted the link at a public forum. Within days the link no longer work because CNBC plugged the hole

If there's any other hack links out there, I'm not sure why someone would post that link and risk losing access to it soon afterwards because CNBC Live TV is suppose to be a fee service (CNBC Pro) and they really do not want anyone to have free access except for those they are contracted with like TD Ameritrade and a few others.

CNBC Pro is only about $30 per month...a little cheaper if you get a year subscription @ https://www.cnbc.com/application/pro/

There were other ways to get it live such as a subscriber to CNBC TV streaming it live on the internet but those resources also have been closed due to violation of terms of agreement at the streaming site.

If its important to you, get an ipad or open an account to TD Ameritrade to be able to access CNBC Live TV. Yet, you only mentioned you want to access it "off the computer". Does that mean like in your office and away from home as in being mobile ?

If so, sounds like CNBC on ipad cellular is the only route for you depending upon the cost of getting streaming data on your cellular service. Can't be cheap on the cell phone bill eventhough CNBC Live itself is free on itunes app.

Another option is for you to subscribe to CNBC Live TV at home via your cable service and then you stream the channel on a private network to your mobile device so that you can view it away from home via wifi or cellular. I know a few folks that do such.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  7. ubo

ubo

Z o p t v . C o m

PS: I don't watch any of the US channels.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

9. 7out

7out

Zzzz1 likes this.
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

It's normal to see a free site that offers the subscription channels for free...containing virus, ad ware and other goodies.

Simply, don't use your trading computer for these types of sites. Use your backup computer. As a reminder, these sites are illegally broadcasting CNBC...those links won't be valid in less than a year as CNBC is always looking for them.

Same with a lot of other premium channels especially the sports channels.

#10     Oct 30, 2015