Is there a way to have 1Year candlestick Periods?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by roca, Aug 2, 2020.

1. roca

roca

Hey guys,

Is there a way to customize the candlestick periods? TWS lets you chose only daily,weekly,monthly.

Is there a way to have 3M,1Year Periods?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Dazz

Dazz

buy really fat candles.

KCalhoun and bone like this.
  3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

There's SO many jokes we could post lol

4. Can do it in TradingView. Have to sort of roll yer own period.
    yearcandles.png
    As you can see I pulled down the menu for candle length and at the bottom you can create a custom one. See where it says 1 then minutes then add? Change 1 to 12, minutes to years and click add. Then look under 1 month. The 12 month appeared after I clicked on add and you can see in the chart that SQQQ is now displayed in 1 year candles. I have a paid subscrip to the site but you can sign up for a free account and maybe you can do that, maybe not. Give it a try!

Honestly I really like TradingView. Very cool charter and scanner. I wish TV and IB would get their act together so I could trade my IB account through TV like I do my Alpaca account.

5. roca

roca

Thanks a lot!! Yes I see it but its only available for paid subscribers! Yea me too tradingview is the best charting software. OR maybe if IB can fix their TWS software or improve it -_-

6. %%
    Yes;
    for candlecharts, monthly +[ yearly=1 fat candle for12 months]. most data providers of mine dont allow a candle of 12 months]YAHOO does have 12 month candles but their data has many goofs.] barchart.com has good longer term charts...……………………………………………………..

7. roca

roca

for candlecharts, monthly +[ yearly=1 fat candle for12 months] What do you mean by that? There is no 12months candle for TWS? Yes Yahoo charts are bad and barchart doesnt have early as well

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Been years since I used TWS so I forgot but does it allow for ASCII files to be plotted. If so, push out that data. Rejigger it to time frame you want. Re-import it.

9. roca

roca

What is ASCII?

10. SunTrader

SunTrader

google says:

An ASCII File is a file that contains unformatted ASCII text: only characters, numbers, punctuation, tabs, and carriage return characters. You can create and edit an ASCII file using Microsoft Notepad. If you save it with the txt extension .

#10     Aug 2, 2020